“Simply OK”

King's Pointe Waterpark Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Storm Lake
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is not a cheap hotel/waterpark by any means, but you should know that going in. Very clean rooms, but not as big as I wanted. Quite a walk to get to waterpark, but again that's not a big deal. Staff was nice to us and if we needed anything they were there. For the money spent there, it just seems like there should have been more perks....but kids LOVED it. No free breakfast either.....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Director of Sales at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear MKeats,

Thank you for your time and for your review. I am sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with our facility, but I am happy to hear that our cleanliness standards met your expectations, the staff was pleasant, and we always enjoy hearing about kids having a fun time!

As a management team, we have been discussing ways to increase the value for our guests. Some ideas we are tossing around include a daily camp for kids, romantic getaways with several perks just for moms and dads, s'more roasting on weather friendly nights, festivals to provide extra entertainment for guests, and more. Though none of these ideas are fully in action yet, we do hope to have several ideas implemented for next summer.

Again, I appreciate your time, and we do hope you give us another chance in the future! To hear about all the updates and new things going on at our facility in the future, please join us on Facebook and Twitter. We will be excited to announce all the great things coming down the pike within the next year!

King's Pointe Waterpark Resort

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed one night at King's Pointe. The waterpark was great. It offers something for all age groups. The hotel sat close to the lake so you could walk a few blocks and have a place to swim in the lake. There was a playground and water craft rentals too. We had a handicap appointed room so I am not sure what the other rooms would be like. It offered plenty of room, was very clean, and seemed quiet. The bathroom needed some minor cosmetic work (wall paper peeling, plastic shower cover not attached to the wall, and we could not completely shut the bathroom door). The bathroom issues did not bother us. The service we received from the cleaning staff (needed more towels) was quick and friendly. I look forward to going back and staying a little longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Sales Coordinator at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear RDS,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for leaving your feedback! I agree, the location of King’s Pointe Resort is tough to beat! I am glad you could enjoy all that the resort has to offer. I am disappointed to hear that the condition of the bathroom was slightly sub-par, but I look forward to working with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff to solve the problem.

It was a pleasure being your host while you were in town and we hope you visit us again soon! In the meantime, ‘like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@kings_pointe) to stay up to date on our latest specials!

Sabrina Martinez
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed July 16, 2012

(My husband and I took our almost 3-year-old son to King's Pointe last month for a little mini vacation)

We arrived shortly before lunch and checked into our room. The resort set us up in a Double Queen Family Suite which was more than big enough for the 3 of us. The room was clean, roomy, and well decorated. The best part of the room? The lake-front view we had from the balcony.

After a quick and yummy lunch at the Resort’s restaurant, the Regatta Grill , we headed to the waterpark.

We seriously could not have asked for a better day, the weather was warm but not too hot, the sun was shining, and the humidity was low. It really was the perfect day to spend at a waterpark.

Our son swam and swam. Funny enough, he was scared of the little kids slides and wanted nothing to do with them but wanted to go down the big tunnel slide on a tube with his Daddy more than once!

After we had been swimming for a couple of hours we took a break so our son could rest and we could drive around and explore Storm Lake. Storm Lake is full of beautiful lake-front houses and is home to a bustling downtown. Our son fell asleep as we were driving around the lake but woke up just in time for us to stop for an afternoon snack at the local bakery!

We returned to the waterpark (they also have an indoor waterpark ) in the late afternoon and enjoyed more swimming and a few rides around the lazy river.

After we had worn ourselves out, we headed back to the room to clean up and get ready for dinner.

We headed back down to the Regatta Grill for dinner, where we decided to enjoy the beautiful evening and dine outside on the patio. My husband and I enjoyed a couple of beers and a dinner of appetizers (the perfect vacation meal) while our son played with his Superheros and ate a yummy supper of mac and cheese. The food was excellent and the company was even better!

After dinner, we walked along the lake where our son enjoyed looking at the boats and watching for fish. Since the night was still young we thought we would head over to the local Dairy Queen for a sweet treat to cap off our fun day.

The next morning we enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet at the Regatta Grill and headed home.

We had the best time at King’s Pointe Resort and I can’t say enough about the friendly staff, clean rooms, awesome waterpark and yummy restaurant. We are already planning on returning next summer for another fun family getaway!

Room Tip: The Queen Family Suites are PERFECT for a family of 4 or more. Lots of room to move around and so ni...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
KingsPointe, Director of Sales at King's Pointe Waterpark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Katie C -

It was a pleasure meeting you, your husband, and your adorable son during your stay at King's Pointe Resort! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit - we thoroughly enjoyed having you at our facility!

You hit on several of our positive features in the hotel including our spacious rooms, the beautiful view from a lakeside room balcony, our on-site restaurant featuring the lakeside patio and the fun-filled indoor and outdoor waterparks!

I am also happy to hear you took a tour of Storm Lake to see what our community has to offer in addition to King's Pointe! Page's Bakery is one of our gems for breakfast and all day treats, and you can never go wrong with an ice cream from Dairy Queen! I'm also glad you took a stroll on the six mile hike and bike trail. It's nice to unwind along the trail whether you are on a bike or on foot after a fun-filled day in the waterpark.

"Like" us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current King's Pointe Resort enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

We thank you again for visiting us, and hope to see you all again for a future family vacation! Maybe your younger son will be big enough next year to join the whole family!

With highest regards,

King's Pointe Resort

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff at the front desk were rude and short with guests. You had to stand at the desk for a while before one of them would appear from the back room. A guest was there ahead of me and was asking for near by restaurants. The staff person told them they have a restaurant. He asked if there was anything else nearby. The staff said yeah, fast food. I was aware of a restaurant in the area and asked if I could have a piece of paper so that I could tell the guest how to get there. The staff person at the front desk rolled their eyes to the both of us and handed me a piece of paper.

I left my cell phone charger in my room. As I was driving home I realized this. I called the hotel. The staff said that the cleaning people's room is locked up and someone would call me the next day. No return call as of this date.

For the price of the stay, one would expect a higher quality of customer service.

Room Tip: If the web site says that all of the rooms are sold out, call the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Chris H,

I am sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. We have committed ourselves to exceptional customer service for every guest, every time, but clearly we did not uphold these values during your stay.

We are currently working with our Front Desk attendants on a customer service training so your feedback is very timely. There is clearly more room for improvement.

Chris, you are correct. You should expect a higher quality of customer service here at King’s Pointe, and more importantly you deserve it. Again, I apologize for your poor experience. We do hope you will visit us again and allow us to show you exceptional service. Please call me directly so we can locate your missing items.

712.213.5701

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We sure had fun here! The water was great! The slides were thrilling and we felt safe. Our rooms and lobby were clean. Sometimes we had to wait a bit for front desk attention, but never very long. We held our family reunion here and had a blast!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear draePDX,

We are so happy to hear about your most recent stay with us! I am glad we could host your family reunion in a fun & safe environment. Our lifeguards enjoyed hearing your feedback!

Be sure to stay up to date on all the events at the resort! Follow us on Twitter (@kings_pointe) and “Like” us on Facebook. Of course, feel free to give us a call so we can help you set up another memorable family reunion!

Sabrina Martinez
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on business for a conference. We stayed in a 2 queen family suite, even though we booked a King NS. I had checked to make sure we had a King on several occasions before arrival and was assured we had a King bed. The day before arrival, I checked again and the person I talked to told me that I had a 2 queen suite and that no kings were available. The room was clean except for the chairs in the room. They were disgustingly dirty with white stains on them. Yuck!! It's either time to replace them, or deep clean them. The air conditioning and internet worked great in our room . We did not visit the water park, so we can not comment on that. We ate in the hotel restaurant and while the food was okay, the air conditioning was not working properly. We ate quickly and left, because the dining room was just too hot and humid. I don't know if we will return, because of the dirty chairs and not getting the room we reserved, but it's probably the nicest place in this town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Travelmomma78,

I sincerely apologize for your less than desirable stay with us. We strive to uphold the highest level of service and quality for all our guests, and we clearly did not meet those expectations for you.

We have reviewed our booking procedures with our Front Desk attendants, some of whom are new to our resort. I can see that there is room for improvement in our communications. We are currently trying a new method of reservations in order to ensure our guests receive the correct accommodations. Although this doesn’t change your stay, please know that your experience will help us make improvements for others.

It is disappointing to hear about your recent stay; however we greatly appreciate your time & feedback. I hope you will visit us again to see the improvements we continue to make and receive the experience you deserve. Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

712.213.5701

Reviewed June 30, 2012

WOW! The cottages are beautiful, We had six and everyone had their own space, We could have invited more to join us for this trip since the cottage can take ten people. I loved being able to cook dinner on the grill to help our budget. The cottage includes dishes, pots and pans, cooking utencils to use AND a coffee maker..which are all life savers, everyone could relax and unwind with their favorite TV shows after the busy day at the waterpark and playground. What a memorable family vacation. We topped off our trip by visiting the local businesses in the town square and filled up on Honey Kissed pizza before the drive home. We will be back! Only suggestion is I only wish there was a package deal that included the waterpark admission w/ the cottage..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Heidi W.,

Thank you for sharing your memorable family vacation with us! It was a pleasure hosting you and your family. We especially loved seeing photos of you all enjoying our resort – looks like you all had a fantastic time! As the cottages are one of the newer additions to our resort, we are continuing to find ways to improve the experience. We will take your feedback into consideration.

Again, we are so pleased to hear about your fun-filled family vacation! We look forward to serving you again. Should you need any assistance planning your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Storm Lake
#2 of 4 in Storm Lake
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#3 of 4 in Storm Lake

Been to King's Pointe Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!