Well, this is interesting -- we were apparently at Kings Pointe at the same time as the reviewer below us (kasey305). First, the only bad point -- like that review mentions -- the management apparently is in a bind to fill their rooms during the colder "off-season" when the waterparks are closed. Soooo ...... that means take any business you can get -- like "fratcom" parties, even if their behavior is obnoxious. The big bash "beer cans in the hall" party was apparently the night before we arrived. We heard several people talking about it.
That extent of misbehavior did not occur during our two nights there. However, there were other shenanigans going on -- like loud trumpet & trombone blasts in the room next door, and generally loud carrying on. However, when they went out on the balcony, and saw my disapproving mood through the glass door, they all jumped over the balcony from the 2nd floor, to the ground level below, and went in that room, which was part of this big group as well. I guess they stayed in there all night, because we had no further interruption (except some brief hallway noise) the rest of the night.
This is not our kind of place or company we would like to stay with.
Beyond that, however, all other observations are very good. We had a really nice suite (just like kasey305) but got it at a regular room price because they oversold the regular rooms like we had reserved. No problems with cleaning each day -- done well. Beautiful lake view -- we were most pleased with the physical facilities. Beds were very comfortable, and service at the front desk was very good too. Did not eat in the restaurant -- just went to a fast food restaurant for breakfast; and dinner at other restaurants.
We will be back in the area in July. Would like to stay here again -- but probably will not, due to the much higher summer season rates, and the "company" we had this time. Rather than the Baymont or Super 8 in Storm Lake, we will probably opt for the relatively new Pocahontas Inn ..... since our business is in Laurens, not Storm Lake.
I decided to give more weight to the actual facilities in my rating, rather than the obnoxious company that was staying there with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy outdoor and indoor waterpark fun next to a 3200 acre lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your King's Pointe Waterpark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Pointe Waterpark Hotel Storm Lake
- Kings Pointe Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Kings Pointe Waterpark
- King's Pointe Waterpark Resort Storm Lake, Iowa