“My Visits to Blooms Green Farms”
Review of Blooms Green Farm

and 1 more site!
Blooms Green Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Kenichira B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had gone to Wayanad expecting a clam & serene holiday - my expectations were not just met but were vastly exceeded. I was picked up at Sultan Battery (as promised) without any fuss or delay and taken to the resort. The rooms were very comfortable, the views green and serene, no noise pollution at all, the air fresh and cool. Friendly smiles all around, no request of mine denied and all demands met with a smile.
Make sure you visit the organic farm, the animals and the pets – an organic farm, they strive to be as eco-friendly and green as possible – a model to follow.
Evenings are magical – no light pollution like in the cities - lie back upon the lawns and watch the night sky – you would never have imagined that the night sky had quite these many stars.
The food was amazing - good, wholesome local cuisine of Kerala prepared the traditional way - none of the fast food junk here.
Come here to cleanse your minds, to rest, rejuvenate and to relax. Ayurveda massages are arranged on request and arrangements made for local sightseeing and tourism. I would go back again and again. To wrap it up in a word - "Enjoy!"

Room Tip: The Villas are great - the best being the one at the end of the property besides the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We have been to Blooms in Month of August. It has been a very pleasant stay in Blooms. We booked 3 bedroom villa facing beautiful farm and coconut trees. Villa was maintained very well. The staff is very helpful and home made kerala food is delicious. There is construction going on which can be disturbing at times during the day. But overall it was a very good experience. Recommended especially for big groups.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was great to be back at Blooms. The hospitality displayed by the staff was outstanding. Special thanks to Priya, Jose chettan and Manu for the impressive service provided.Me being in hospitality business this is really good to see that Blooms is good in all aspects.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have been staying this time with my friend at Blooms Green Farm for 6 days and in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
I am impressed with virtually every aspect of the process, from the hotel descriptions to the reservation process. You will not find a better booking service for planning your relaxed holiday.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The surrounding was very peaceful and full of greenery. Mornings were misty with birds singing all over.
The food was too delicious especially the vegetables supplied from their organic firm. Very healthy and tasty breakfast with different choices every morning.
A very special note to be made is to their hospitality. The way they treated us from the beginning gives you a very special feeling.
Enjoyed a lot with their guided tour of the organic farm and you learn a lot from the way they treat their animals and plants.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay and my warmest congratulations for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member.
Congratulations from the heart to Priya and team (Manu, Paul, Rajan, Mahesh, Satish, Biju and others), you were fantastic.
Hope to go back to the Blooms Green Farm again and again to enjoy their hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at Blooms with my parents and sister in Oct 2011.My apologies for the real late review.

I would like to thank Priya Madam and her team, especially the ever smiling Manu and his smiling team for making our stay a real memorable experience. She stayed in constant touch with us till we reached Blooms.

We stayed in Kerala for 11 days in 3 star resorts at other locations but the stay at Blooms was the best. My family still says that Blooms treated us more like their family members and not as guests or customers. The food quality, quantity and taste was way ahead of other resorts, infact there is no match at all.

Priya was so kind that she said we need not deposit any advance amount towards the booking as they have faith in their guests.It one of its kind experience to us.

We stayed in the 3 BHK bungalow which was really spacious, especially the Hall, had a nice sit-out overlooking the vast plantations around. It had other amenities like washing machine, cooking gas,utencils, gas stove, refrigerator, lcd TV, water purifier, cable connection (only in Blooms we got to see Marathi channels-though a few, but that made us v happy and at home).The upkeep was v good, toiletries provided were average, bed was soft and clean.The bathrooms were clean and big with water heaters and showers.The water heater in 1 of the bathroom tripped every minute so we used the other bathroom.The property is spread in acres of land with lot many spices, vanilla & other plantations.They guided us happily in the property. Met the owners who were v welcoming and down to earth.

This 3BHK bungalow is 50 meters below the common area where food is served and has a steep slope. My mother has knee problem and it was challenging for her to climb the steep slope. I requested Manu for his bike and he happily offered it to me, though the bike was not used since one of the employee in the farm dropped my mom to the common area.

The food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was a real beauty, v homely, v clean, v tasty, it was like our stomach's were full but not our heart, never got such amazing food even in the 3 star hotels in Kerala. The chicken was amazing but the fish was sour (as per Kerala style). So in case you dont want sour food inform them in advance and they will happily make it for you.The chef was v happy to share the recipe of Appam with my sis & Aai. I asked Manu to make Payasam for the dinner and he happily made it for us. The breakfast had variety like appam & idly on different days whereas bread butter jam, milk, tea, coffee were available daily alongwith appam & idli and the best part is there was none to check how much you eat.

Manu and his team fed us very happily, quantity was never a problem and we never had the feeling of being away from home. I would like to appreciate the lady who served us food very happily & fondly, sorry I forgot her name. Her refusal for a tip saying they are paid enough really touched my heart and is still an unique experience.

It was Diwali time(Bhaubeej/Bhaiduj) and your team helped us with the Diya, cotton buds for the Diya and raw rice which was used by my sister for Bhaiduj. The bungalow also had small photos of Lord Ganesh, Goddess Laxmi which was really touching and helped us perform our daily pooja.

The only bruise was a small issue with the taxi driver Sumesh during sight-seeing due to language problem.

Thanks a ton again for such a warm stay at Blooms. We really had tears while leaving.
We have been travelling for 20 years, have visited more than 20 locations and stayed at hotels in budget to 4 star category. But Blooms is a benchmark still and no other has neared this stay.

Please keep up the good work, hope the food & service will not deteriorate.

We are from Pune.Had Blooms not been so far from here, we would have visited every year. Hope to come back again.

Room Tip: All the bungalows are excellent, but the 2BHK is near the common area where food is served so if y...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RaaLips
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Normally I do lot of research on hotels during trips and had booked bloomsgreen after seeing good tripadvisor reviews - therefore was expecting a good reception and hospitality. But they exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. I would blindly suggest this place to anyone. Please go ahead and I am sure you will have a wounderful stay at the resort. Some of the things which I could highlight are:
1. Resort is located at the right location (equal distance to major attractions)
2. Good follow up from Priya right from booking till we reached the resort.
3. Prompt and excellent room service - they extended breakfast serving time just for 2 of us.
4. Good indoor games - badminton, chess, carrom
5. Priya called up places beforehand to inform us about opening/closing times.
6. Arranged for a special wildlife sighting along the jungle road.

Room Tip: 1. May be number of follow up calls can be reduced. Better option would be ask the customer whether...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Shud begin with the way we were guided to this beautiful place..We had travelled to Wynad in May and right from the previous day of my travel,we were taken into confidence about the route and at each of the main places,we were sent messages and there were no problem in reaching there.

Once we reached,half of my aim was met..To spend some days away from the busy schedule and peacefully.it was a quite place where people who love the nature serve the people admirably. Had an experinec of their Oraganic Farm and one has a lot to learn from the way they treat the animals and plants.

Felt like we were in our home only..Homely food..People who behaved like our family members.Should thank every one..The place is away from the tojnw but everything is nearby...No chemicals are sparyed over the plants and make sure that the nature is pure.
The rooms were spanking clean..the linen was fresh.. The food was outstanding

Had a wonderful trip--Have promised that we will visit them once more when the climate is chill out there..This time for staying in these villas for a few days--To relax..To enjoy the nature rather than to travel

Thanks Priya,Mahesh,Ramesh,Manoj etc etc---

Thanks Sri Johny ---Next time we would like to see the stunning Swimming Pool and the indoor badminton court

Friends,dont miss out--If you are to Wynad,select Blooms only

Room Tip: For a small family,I would suggest the one near to the kitchen-
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenichira
Wayanad Blooms
Sharoy Resort
Sharoy Resort
#7 of 22 in Kalpetta
Vythiri Village Resort

Been to Blooms Green Farm? Share your experiences!