“Nice Hotel Convenient to Lake Okoboji”
Review of Super 8 Spencer

Super 8 Spencer
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Spencer
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were attending a family reunion at Lake Okoboji and could not find any accommodations at the lake for a one night stay. We selected the Super 8 Hotel in Spencer, and it is a short and easy drive to West Okoboji from the hotel. The room was very spacious and contained a small refrigerator and microwave as well as a table with two chairs. The room was quiet except for the occasional barking of dogs. As the hotel does not allow pets, I presume the barking came from the animal hospital next door. You may want to request a room on the side of the hotel opposite the animal hospital just in case. The free breakfast in the morning was the standard fare of cereal, bagels, orange juice, coffee and tea. It was fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2011

My sister and I stayed here on our cross country trip. It was neat and clean. The best part of it was the friendliness and helpfulness of the people working there. They truly cared about us. They made sure we had everything we needed and wanted our opinions. Tony was working the front desk in the morning and chatted with us when we went down for breakfast. He was extremely helpful with ideas on things to see as we drove across Iowa and gave us directions and everything. We followed his advice and had the best day! One thing he told us about was the Field of Dreams and I was so happy we stopped there! The next night I realized that I had left the power cord for my laptop at the hotel. I called and got Tony and he said that they had found it and he would put it in the mail for me. He carefully packaged it up, brought it to the post office and mailed it to me! All he charged was the postage. Now that goes above and beyond!! I was so grateful! If we are ever in this area again I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My family stayed at the Spencer Super 8 over Labor Day weekend. Our stay was wonderful! The room was VERY clean, the beds were VERY comfortable and the staff went above and beyond! They were so friendly! We will visit again!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 16, 2007

I had to stay at this hotel during a business trip. It was the only place that we could find with the number of rooms we needed for our group. It was terrible. Everything was dirty. I actually used a t-shirt I had with me to put over the pillow, so that my face didn't hit the sheets. The bathtub was full of hair. It was really run down. We won't stay there again. I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jul812
Reviewed July 22, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel for the past several summers when I have visited in the area. It is an older Super 8, but it has been very well kept up and the people there are friendly. It is a clean motel where everything works in the room. The only thing is if you like to stay in a hotel where they have somebody there 24 hrs, this is not the place for you because they close up the desk at 11pm. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

8  Thank sdmgross
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spencer
Days Inn Hotel Spencer IA
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spencer
Inn at Okoboji
Inn at Okoboji
#6 of 6 in Okoboji

Been to Super 8 Spencer? Share your experiences!