“Terrible food, decor stuck in the 80's”
Review of The Prime Rib

The Prime Rib
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Spencer
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: 712-262-4625 Has been in business for many years.
Description: 712-262-4625 Has been in business for many years.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant hasn't made any effort to update. I can look past the 80's decor if the food was great but it's not. There isn't anything on the menu that is better than what you can find somewhere else. My opinion, there are MUCH better restaurants to spend my money at and actually enjoy the food and experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is ok, the service is fine, but the décor is awful ! The atmosphere is SAD ! The dinning tables are in need of refinishing so bad, you will literally stick to them ! The upholstery is early trailer trash and the entire place is in need of a fresh coat of paint and a good cleaning !!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food and the service are both very good here. I am not a prime rib eater, but my husband and boys are and they think it is the best.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been going to the Prime Rib for many years since I have relatives in Spencer. The restaurant really hasn't changed over the years. The water glasses are always upside down on the table and are turned over when she fills the glass. I really don't think that is very sanitary at all. I usually order the prime rib sandwich and the salad bar. I like my prime rib medium with a little pink and that is how I word it when I order. The prime rib always comes out the same, quite raw. I always send it back and then a lot of times it is done more than I would like. The salad bar has quite a few items including small shrimp to put on the salad. It is rather dark in the restaurant. I do believe the seating could be updated because the couches are getting rather old and people do sink into them. They do provide cushions when asked.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went here for prime rib. The wait wasn't long. Sat and the bar and had very well made drinks. Once we were seated at our table we almost left. The seating is poor. They have lounge like seating. I got a big chair that sunk down low and my bf was sitting on a couch like. Then when the waitress came over all she said was "ready"? She didnt form a sentence the entire time. I think the only thing she said to us was "ready" "done" "bill". I was extremely offended. The bartender and hostess were very nice. I think we just got a horrible waitress. The prime rib was good. Not the best. The salad bar was poor and kinda gross. Won't be going back based on the service.