“Staff willing to go "the extra mile"”
Review of AmericInn Spencer

AmericInn Spencer
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spencer
Sioux City, Iowa
“Staff willing to go "the extra mile"”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel due to having to attend a family funeral, and we had to switch rooms one day in due to wanting a larger suite. The staff made sure the suite was promptly cleaned so we could switch over first thing in the morning which made things a lot easier for us on a difficult day. Clean, updated hotel with a nice pool area and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nebraska
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect upon arrival, but we had a group reservation for a family member's graduation. To be honest, it wouldn't have initially been my first choice, but I was very pleasantly surprised. There was a slight glitch with our room block, but as a result my husband and I ended up with a hot tub suite! They also allowed my dog, for just $10.00 extra! Our room was situated near the back entrance, which made for a convenient exit when taking her out.

The rooms were clean and modern. The bed and pillows were outstanding! I'm guessing this place was recently renovated, and it showed!

We had their party room reserved for the graduation party on Sunday afternoon, but they were kind enough to let us use the room to congregate all day Sunday.

The breakfast is the only reason for just 4-stars. We paid 96.00 with tax for our room, and for that same price we could have stayed at a HIX. Their breakfast is better. They did have the standard waffle maker, eggs, pastries, cereal and yogurt but there were no biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls or meat of any kind. I'm told that sausage patties were put out later, but there weren't any around at 8:30 when I ate.
Super friendly staff, great location...I'd definately stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Woodward, Iowa
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This where I stay when I am in Spencer for work. I used to stay in the Super 8 and the other local motel. When I found out the AmericInn was available for the same business rate, it was a "no-brainer" to stay there.
I have always had good service and the room I request is always given. Wake-up calls are prompt and breakfast is also good. Check-out is seamless!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the AmericInn during a road trip on our way back home from SD. It was a beautiful property, and the staff made us feel welcome the moment we stepped in the front door. The room was bright and spacious, and extremely clean. We were very impressed with the breakfast offerings and the price was very reasonable. Beds were very comfortable. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean comfortable place.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are a bit quieter, but all rooms seemed good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Luck, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A beautiful lobby with a fireplace, a super friendly staff, a very clean & well kept room, a good size indoor pool complete with hot tub (also very clean), and an excellent breakfast area with a wide variety of breakfast options, all at a reasonable rate. What more could anyone ask? I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I did not see an elevator, so if stairs are a problem, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Farmington, Utah
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I haven't stayed much in Spencer, just 3 times, but this was the nicest place I stayed at. It was clean and new, breakfast was nice, staff was great. The room was a nice size, pool was nice, internet access was available. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This AmericInn is much less expensive than the AmericInn at Lake Okoboji (which isn't even on the lake) and just a 20 minute drive. The rooms are clean and spacious and there is excellent lighting (sometimes an issue in hotels). It only gets 3 stars because it is a budget chain and, as such, is average. My only complaint is that there is no elevator and I like to be on the second floor - if it is a cool evening, there is always a wonderful breeze for sleeping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank OkobojiChick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spencer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spencer
Boulders Inn & Suites
Boulders Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Milford
Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake

Been to AmericInn Spencer? Share your experiences!