“Stay on 9 April”
Review of AmericInn Spencer

AmericInn Spencer
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Spencer
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This where I stay when I am in Spencer for work. I used to stay in the Super 8 and the other local motel. When I found out the AmericInn was available for the same business rate, it was a "no-brainer" to stay there.
I have always had good service and the room I request is always given. Wake-up calls are prompt and breakfast is also good. Check-out is seamless!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the AmericInn during a road trip on our way back home from SD. It was a beautiful property, and the staff made us feel welcome the moment we stepped in the front door. The room was bright and spacious, and extremely clean. We were very impressed with the breakfast offerings and the price was very reasonable. Beds were very comfortable. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean comfortable place.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are a bit quieter, but all rooms seemed good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A beautiful lobby with a fireplace, a super friendly staff, a very clean & well kept room, a good size indoor pool complete with hot tub (also very clean), and an excellent breakfast area with a wide variety of breakfast options, all at a reasonable rate. What more could anyone ask? I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I did not see an elevator, so if stairs are a problem, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I haven't stayed much in Spencer, just 3 times, but this was the nicest place I stayed at. It was clean and new, breakfast was nice, staff was great. The room was a nice size, pool was nice, internet access was available. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This AmericInn is much less expensive than the AmericInn at Lake Okoboji (which isn't even on the lake) and just a 20 minute drive. The rooms are clean and spacious and there is excellent lighting (sometimes an issue in hotels). It only gets 3 stars because it is a budget chain and, as such, is average. My only complaint is that there is no elevator and I like to be on the second floor - if it is a cool evening, there is always a wonderful breeze for sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OkobojiChick
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel and I was very pleased. I was able to book a room for the same day I called, however, there were no government rate rooms left so I booked a standard king. When I checked in I was surprised to have been given an upgrade to a king jacuzzi room with no rate increase to compensate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was to die for cozy! I had family in the same hotel and we all enjoyed the pool area. The variety of food available for breakfast is fantastic and there are goodies and coffee throughout the day. I had a better experience at this hotel than I did at a 4 star, $280/night standard room hotel. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We knew the route we would like to take & found golf courses we would like to play. Played the Municipal Golf Course in Spencer, Ia and decided to get a room for the nite. The Americinn was 2 blocks from course. Room was excellent. Beds great. clean. Only downfall was no elevator. I forgot to ask for aarp discount, but rate was still resonable.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor room if you do not want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spencer
Days Inn Hotel Spencer IA
Super 8 Spencer
Super 8 Spencer
#4 of 6 in Spencer
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji

Been to AmericInn Spencer? Share your experiences!