“Fleas and trains!!!”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Sylacauga, Alabama
“Fleas and trains!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped here late one night on a drive from Alabama. We were exhausted and couldn't wait to get in our suite to relax. We walked in the room and it appeared clean, smelled nice, and seemed well kept. We were in for a very long uncomfortable night! We laid down to get some rest and at 11pm a train came through. It was SO loud I thought I could reach out of the window and touch it! Then it came through again at 1am!! If that wasn't bad enough I turned on the lamp to get something to drink and right there on the white sheets, in the bed with us are fleas!!! We asked for clean sheets because we were too exhausted to try to find another hotel and when we woke up the next morning there were fleas in the bath tub and in the bathroom floor. I couldn't wait to leave! This place is the prime example of (looks can be deceiving.)The rooms are $150 a night?! Really?! That's insane for a place like that!! If you can charge that much for your rooms then you should have enough money to hire an exterminator.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cedar Falls
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There were only smoking room left at reservation time, I was told they would o zone it and they did not, plus there were fleas in our room. They gave a 25per net discount, but even that was not given to me until I corrected this at the counter. The Internet was very poor. It was not functional at all.
Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

1 Thank Kristinainiowa
Keystone, SD
Reviewed September 25, 2013

First a disclaimer. I am in the hospitality business. My wife and I have run our own hotel in another state for nearly 20 years.

The relatively high TA ratings for this property seem well deserved. The physical facilities are good and the room we had was clean and well maintained. There were no apparent housekeeping or maintenance issues that we saw anywhere on the property. The breakfast was very good for a motel in this price range. We usually skip motel breakfasts and head straight for a real restaurant, but we didn't feel like we needed to do that here. The only downside was that the clerk was unable a few basic questions about Sioux City. With the room at $109 plus tax for a single queen seemed a little pricey but not outrageous.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify a non-smoking room. Ours was a smoking room and it reeked. Our bad for not speci...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This AmericInn was alright but I wouldn't choose it for a special occasion. Everything seemed clean but when you open the door to the room the overpowering smell of Baby Powder Scented freshener killed you. Also, just advance warning, they allow smoking and both times when we were entering the hotel there were smokers we had to endure trying to get in and out. I am sorry but I don't think I should have to "walk the gauntlet of smoke" when I want to enter or leave a building. The Computer center wasn't much either as every site I tried to go to was blocked (Expedia, FaceBook, etc). People behind the desk were kind and courteous. Like I said, it was ok but for the money I wold have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In spite of having to use one of the (plentiful) wash cloths to clean something wet and sticky off of the desk when I arrived and in spite of the beer cap on the floor, I would not mind staying at the Americinn again. Except for the above, the room was clean and pleasant. I would have preferred a setting with restaurants within easy walking distance (next door or sharing a parking lot), but I did find a decent Mexican restaurant not very far away. I slept great and loved the breakfast -- good scrambled eggs, not those atrocious flat egg things some motels call eggs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Rooms are clean, breakfast was good and staff was very friendly and helpful. They were out of non smoking rooms, that was the only downside but we made reservations at the last minute so not really their fault.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were 3 very weary travelers with a dog who had just come from a terrible experience at another hotel. This was the first place we saw and decided to check it out. Never heard of AmericInn before and were not sure what to expect, but we were desperate. They charged a reasonable rate, the room was super clean, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and breakfast was great. Oh, and the room was huge with a fridge and microwave, good sized desk, and plenty of outlets to charge all our electronics. Bare in mind this is near an airport, but we will definitely stop there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends