“Friendly staff! Comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sioux City - Airport

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sioux City - Airport
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Iowa
“Friendly staff! Comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I frequently stay at this AmericInn facility when in Sioux City. The staff is always friendly and appears to genuinely care about their customers. Manager (Brooke) always seems to ensure operations run smooth and takes any of my concerns seriously. I previously read another review that wasn't flattering, however I have noted nothing bad about this AmericInn. My one concern lately was the guest laundry was well used equipment. It sounds like they are replacing very soon. I would reccomend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
SCAmericInn, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sioux City - Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi Chuck!

Thanks for reviewing your stays with us. It's nice to know that our efforts show and the staff all really appreciate the kind words. PS: We took care of the slow drying time of our guest dryer. :)

Brooke Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed there just one night with my wife and daughters. We have stayed at Americinns before because of the quality and value this hotel was no different.
Quick efficient check-in. Very friendly young lady at the counter
Pool area is nice clean well-kept and water was not to cold.
Rooms are nice, up-to-date and very clean. Beds were a little hard and the air conditioner is very loud when it kicks in. Overall the rooms are quality for the price.
Free breakfast was good lots of choices everything was very fresh.

I would like to say we had arrived early in the evening but were going to see our son play football. By the time the game was over we got back to the hotel after 10:00. My two young daughters really wanted to go swimming but I explained that the pool was closed to kids at 10:00. The young lady at the desk stepped in and said as long as they were not noisy and no one else was in the pool she would let them swim. Thanks again for being accommodating and stretching the rules a little to make our girls happy... We will be staying here again for the next home game...

Room Tip: Train comes by around 7:00 Am nothing you can do about that..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your girls were able to get in some fun time in the pool. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon!

Normal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

AmericInn is my new favorite chain of motels. I have stayed at several, they were all nice, and this location was no exception. The rooms were clean with furniture that if not new, showed it's age well. The staff was friendly and professional. There are several food options within walking distance as well as a Walmart. The breakfast was better than average. I did not use the pool, but it was open and looked nice. This location is also close to a great walking path for those who enjoy a stroll for fitness. A note to light sleepers; This chain builds it motels with special blocks. The rooms are exceptionally quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank squiddguy
SCAmericInn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sioux City - Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Well thank you so much for the wonderful review!

You are correct, our guestroom furniture is pretty darn new. We just recently went through a full guestroom renovation and we continue to make even more improvements all the time.

Again, your review is very much appreciated, and we look forward to your next stay!

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were heading home from a trip to the Badlands/Blackhills and had intended to stay the night in Sioux Falls. Were unable to get a room at a reasonable rate so called ahead the AmericInn in Sioux City to see what was available. The rate was less than 1/2 what was being charged in Sioux Falls so decided to drive the extra hour. On the way had some car trouble that delayed our arrival. It was so nice to be greated by the welcoming staff so late at night and the room was spotless and very comfortable. By far the nicest room we had had during our 10 day vacation. The wifi was very convenient. We took advantage of the nice breakfast and the pool before heading home the next day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review! It is very much appreciated and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I understand you arrived later than anticipated, but it sounds like you were still able to enjoy the pool and WIFI. That's great to hear!

We hope you stay with us again if you happen to make it through Sioux City in the future.

Overland Park, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

While heading out for a trip to Mt. Rushmore area, we decided to stop on the way out for an evening instead of pushing it all the way. So we checked around at other Sioux City hotels and this one had good reviews. When we called they had the best rates. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Great check in experience. For this level hotel the rooms were very well appointed. Looks like a fairly recent update. We used the hot tub. The entire pool area was good size and clean. In regards to beds, my wife and son really liked them. Matress was a bit stiff for my taste but reasonable. The morning breakfast was good quality and selections. Check out was fast and easy. This and many other Sioux City hotels are in this area and near a train track. I did not really notice it except once when I was first falling asleep. Wife said she heard it, son did not. Overall the train would not keep me from staying here again but just want to mention it if you are a very light sleeper. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the further East portion of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TrA11
Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you very much!

You're right, we did recently update the rooms. We actually did a full guestroom renovation, and we continue to make even more improvements all the time.

That goes for our free hot, homestyle breakfast as well. We're always adding new menu items so all of our guests can find plenty to eat before heading out on the road again.

Again, thanks for the awesome review. We hope to see you for your next visit to Sioux City!

Loomis, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and i stayed for a few days and we were real comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were amazing - one day it was sausages and another day it was biscuits and gravy - and every day there were waffles. The location was great - definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We reserved three rooms in this hotel for our wedding. There is no doubt that there is an indoor pool the minute you walk inside. The chlorine smell took me aback immediately. It had me tearing up as soon as we approached the front desk. I had to ring the bell, twice actually, in order to get checked in. The lady at the front desk, Melody, was very rude. She threw the paper to check in at me. After I filled it out, she passed me the room keys and told me that our room was upstairs in the middle, then walked away texting on her phone. I called her back, again having to use the bell. After asking, I was informed that there was no elevator. Before I could ask another question, she was back to texting on her phone. We found our room upstairs and the key worked the first time. That is the only positive thing I can say about the hotel. Once in the room, we discovered that the toilet didn't flush. I went down to the front desk and was told that we could borrow a plunger. I informed Melody that the problem was that the tank was not filling up with water. She looked completely confused then told me that there was no one that could help us at that hour. It was about 9 pm. I told her that maybe the tank was just slow filling with water and we would call if there was still a problem later. I asked if there was another room available and was informed that she could not give us another room because we bought the rooms on expedia. I called down at 11 and got the next woman on shift for the front desk. She told me that I should lift the tank lid and look at "the flapper thingy". I have to say that she was much more polite than the first lady. She informed me that she would be filling out a slip for repair and told me that the hotel was now full.

Little tidbits...The room was quiet. We couldn't hear any of the neighbors. The coffee was out in the lobby, both regular and decaf.

I had to spend my wedding night in a room without a working toilet. Thankfully, we only had to spend one night!! The breakfast was ok, nothing special and by the time we got downstairs to eat, 9:15 am (breakfast was supposed to be until 10), I felt like we were picking through the leftovers. They do have a waffle maker, so that is a plus! Overall, a disappointing stay. We left our phone charger and called to see if it was turned in to the front desk. I guess it will just be a loss since it was not found. How unfortunate.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple