AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sioux City - Airport
$66
$109
$115
Fairfield Inn Sioux City(Sioux City)
$98
$125
Orbitz.com
$113
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanthe cleaning ladypool areabreakfast areaa wonderful place to stayhot itemsdecent hotelnice poollate at nightpool and hot tubyogurtcomfortable staycontinental breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelsouth dakotaup to dategreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were heading home from a trip to the Badlands/Blackhills and had intended to stay the night in Sioux Falls. Were unable to get a room at a reasonable rate so called ahead the AmericInn in Sioux City to see what was available. The rate was less than 1/2 what was being charged in Sioux Falls so decided to drive the extra hour. On the way had some car trouble that delayed our arrival. It was so nice to be greated by the welcoming staff so late at night and the room was spotless and very comfortable. By far the nicest room we had had during our 10 day vacation. The wifi was very convenient. We took advantage of the nice breakfast and the pool before heading home the next day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SCAmericInn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sioux City - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for the great review! It is very much appreciated and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I understand you arrived later than anticipated, but it sounds like you were still able to enjoy the pool and WIFI. That's great to hear!

We hope you stay with us again if you happen to make it through Sioux City in the future.

Brooke Smith

Reviewed August 9, 2012

While heading out for a trip to Mt. Rushmore area, we decided to stop on the way out for an evening instead of pushing it all the way. So we checked around at other Sioux City hotels and this one had good reviews. When we called they had the best rates. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Great check in experience. For this level hotel the rooms were very well appointed. Looks like a fairly recent update. We used the hot tub. The entire pool area was good size and clean. In regards to beds, my wife and son really liked them. Matress was a bit stiff for my taste but reasonable. The morning breakfast was good quality and selections. Check out was fast and easy. This and many other Sioux City hotels are in this area and near a train track. I did not really notice it except once when I was first falling asleep. Wife said she heard it, son did not. Overall the train would not keep me from staying here again but just want to mention it if you are a very light sleeper. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the further East portion of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TrA11

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you very much!

You're right, we did recently update the rooms. We actually did a full guestroom renovation, and we continue to make even more improvements all the time.

That goes for our free hot, homestyle breakfast as well. We're always adding new menu items so all of our guests can find plenty to eat before heading out on the road again.

Again, thanks for the awesome review. We hope to see you for your next visit to Sioux City!

Brooke Smith

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and i stayed for a few days and we were real comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were amazing - one day it was sausages and another day it was biscuits and gravy - and every day there were waffles. The location was great - definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We reserved three rooms in this hotel for our wedding. There is no doubt that there is an indoor pool the minute you walk inside. The chlorine smell took me aback immediately. It had me tearing up as soon as we approached the front desk. I had to ring the bell, twice actually, in order to get checked in. The lady at the front desk, Melody, was very rude. She threw the paper to check in at me. After I filled it out, she passed me the room keys and told me that our room was upstairs in the middle, then walked away texting on her phone. I called her back, again having to use the bell. After asking, I was informed that there was no elevator. Before I could ask another question, she was back to texting on her phone. We found our room upstairs and the key worked the first time. That is the only positive thing I can say about the hotel. Once in the room, we discovered that the toilet didn't flush. I went down to the front desk and was told that we could borrow a plunger. I informed Melody that the problem was that the tank was not filling up with water. She looked completely confused then told me that there was no one that could help us at that hour. It was about 9 pm. I told her that maybe the tank was just slow filling with water and we would call if there was still a problem later. I asked if there was another room available and was informed that she could not give us another room because we bought the rooms on expedia. I called down at 11 and got the next woman on shift for the front desk. She told me that I should lift the tank lid and look at "the flapper thingy". I have to say that she was much more polite than the first lady. She informed me that she would be filling out a slip for repair and told me that the hotel was now full.

Little tidbits...The room was quiet. We couldn't hear any of the neighbors. The coffee was out in the lobby, both regular and decaf.

I had to spend my wedding night in a room without a working toilet. Thankfully, we only had to spend one night!! The breakfast was ok, nothing special and by the time we got downstairs to eat, 9:15 am (breakfast was supposed to be until 10), I felt like we were picking through the leftovers. They do have a waffle maker, so that is a plus! Overall, a disappointing stay. We left our phone charger and called to see if it was turned in to the front desk. I guess it will just be a loss since it was not found. How unfortunate.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very clean and comfortable. Awesome breakfast! Well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends