“Great Location”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
South Dakota
“Great Location”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was in Sioux City to visit family. I picked the Fairfield Inn due to its proximity to the shopping centers. It is just across the highway from both the Southern Hills Mall and Southern Hills Shopping Center not to mention multiple restaurants. My room was very clean and the sheets were super soft! Staff that I interacted with were all very pleasant and helpful. I will stay there again the next time I am in Sioux City or the next time I set up a "Girls Shopping Weekend" with a bunch of my girlfriends! This would be the perfect place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed two nights. Very satisfied with room, and breakfast. We had stayed here, three years ago, and we were disappointed. The room had been updated, was clean, all the linens new. The breakfast available was satisfactory with a wide selection, fruit was fresh, and a make your own waffle machine!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 6, 2013

While I’ll give the Fairfield a passing grade, there’s really very little to make for a memorable visit. It’s a functional stay at best, as there are few noticeable “extras” that will set the place apart from local competitors. I found the rooms a little sparse and the overall décor could use some updating. I also had a difficult time maintaining a comfortable temperature in my room, as the AC unit would either put you in the deep freeze if kept on high, or leave you too warm if you used a lower setting. It also was one of those units that will turn on and off continually, rather than maintain an always-on fan setting, with only the AC cycling. As a result, if you’re a light sleeper, you’re cognizant of the unit turning on and off. Also, even though the bed seemed comfortable initially, come morning, I didn’t find it all that great.

The breakfast room was very small and had limited seating which was problematic during my stay, as there was no place to sit. The food quality was typical but satisfactory.

The upside: The hotel staff was accommodating and friendly and the location was favorable, as the property is near the newer Lakeport Commons retail development which has a good selection of restaurants & stores.

For those with modest expectations, I recommend the place. All other things considered, however, there are probably better places if you’re paying the full rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were in Sioux City for a job interview and the company booked us a two night stay in the Fairfield Inn. First impressions were that the staff were friendly but the property itself was a little dated. The room was mostly clean, the staff missed checking the dresser so there were a few things left there from the previous guest. The beds were very comfy and very appreciated after a long day of travel. The pool was on the coolish side (my son just called it cold) and the hot tub was out of order. Couldn't really warm up in the shower because it was on the coolish side as well. Breakfast was offered but it was disappointing. Not sure I'd stay here if I were to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just returned from an overnight stay here. The front desk receptionist was very friendly. When we got into our room we were surprised with a "goodie" bag! Also, a copy of USA Today was on the table. The bed was super comfortable and the towels were so soft. Manager, Manda Scruggs, helped me with our reservation over the phone. We were celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary ... will definitely visit this Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2013

What a treat to arrive here after a 9 hour drive and be told I am guest of the day!! It made me feel very special and things got better from there. I received a goodie bag and we had a very comfortable room with a very comfortable bed. All in all a good stay will definitely be back. We had a good meal at the nearby Outback restaurant.

Room Tip: From a nosie perspective stay on the top floor as the floors are not that well soundproofed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CALGARY
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent place to stay wish we had more time to visit the area.The hotel was great ,staff very helpfull and friendly. rooms were clean and roomy.hotel easy to get to from highway.The breakfast was great.This is a good place to stay.Good value.

Room Tip: Pre book and requuest ,king bed was great and made the room very spacius.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple