Fairfield Inn Sioux City
$103
Super 8 Sioux City South(Sioux City)(Great Value!)
$71
HIExpress.com
$77
$110
TripAdvisor
All reviewsanytime fitnesshandwritten notefront deskmarriott hotelscare packageindoor poolshowing their agenice breakfastroom was cleanfitness facilitywould definitely stay here againbottled waterthe breakfast areaconvenient locationthe entire staffvisit familyfree breakfast
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Fairfield in Sioux City, IA. I have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years traveling. However, this hotel was especially accommodating with a staff that and manager that sincerely wanted to make sure my stay was pleasant. Free internet was a plus as well. The coffee was good in the morning as well as the free breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor but I imagine all of the rooms are clean and comfortable. It is easy to get the room dark for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, however, we got a great price on Priceline and decided to take it. We were greeted at the front desk by the manager, who checked us in. During a 3 1/2 week roadtrip, he was the friendliest and most efficient staff person we encountered. Cudos to him. The hotel was an clean, average "on-the-road" type of place and we had no complaints. The free breakfast was plentiful and well-stocked. Free parking and wifi were nice additions. It was a little difficult to locate being tucked in between a couple of other hotels and it didn't have a predominant sign.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Aaron E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear AuntyMoWinnipeg,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback! Our entire team here takes great pride in delivering the best customer service and the cleanest of accomodations so it is always nice to hear this kind of praise. I will be sure to share this review with our team at our morning huddle tomorrow. If you ever need assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thanks again,

Aaron Ettestad
Fairfield Inn-Sioux City

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Compliments and no major complaints about this hotel. I travel for business so perhaps my expectations are different since most nights I check into my hotel after 9:00 pm and am up and out before 7:30 am.

The Fairfield met or exceeded all of my expectations on my recent stay.

The check-in process was fast, easy and painless. I had made a reservation, speeding the process. The person at the front desk was friendly, helpful and efficient.

The room was clean, spacious, and had many nice touches including:
Lots of lighting and lamps
Very fast internet (wireless)
Television with 23 HD channels
Extra towels
Feather pillows (as requested)
A very comfortable bed
Microwave, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, coffee maker
An exhaust fan in the bathroom
A door between the bathroom and sink area (for men, this is important because we then do not steam-up the mirror after a shower, making shaving more difficult).

Unlike other reviewers, my room was very quiet and not noisy at all.

My only complaints:
I need to work when I get to my room. The desk was large and a good work space but the chair was so low it made typing on my laptop difficult. I am of normal height, but this is a constant problem in almost all hotels I stay in around the world. Easy fix: pillows on the chair.
Not enough easily accessible power outlets. There is only one outlet on the desk.
Bath towels plentiful, but small. Slightly larger than what we got in High School PE Class.
Breakfast selections could have been just a tad more healthy (would have liked a bigger fruit selection)

Overall, a very comfortable stay. I would come back again. The price/value ration exceeded expectations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

No complaints, but no compliments either. There's a small pool off the lobby, but did not find any exercise room. Plenty of chain restaurants nearby for dining choices.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2011

If you stay here, expect to hear the people above and below, the sound proofing in the walls is good, but they forgot about the ceilings and floors. The location is good, plenty of places to eat near by, and there is a gas station just across the street. The breakfast buffet is ok, but the sitting area is small, so better hope to get down there when there is not a crowd.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business