“Worst motel room ever!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nothing was clean to begin with. Manager said the room was on the 2nd floor at the west end of the building. My cousin and I are both handicapped and on disability, not being able to do stairs or carry luggage very well. So we parked by the west side door and got all our luggage upstairs. The room was all most all the way on the east side of the motel. (2 rooms away from the end). The stairway was filthy in the corners with hair and fuzz. The middle of the stairs had crackers and part of candy wrappers on the steps. The hallway on the 2nd floor was also dirty. The handrails on the stairway was sticky and dirty. Our room was at 54 degrees and freezing. The bathroom floor was too cold to even walk on. The bathroom had not been cleaned and the cleaning maid was knocking on the bathroom door while my cousin was in there going to the bathroom and saying that the bathroom wasn't clean. The bathroom after she got done with it was still not clean. Hair in the sink and on the floor. The carpet in the main room was dirty in the corners and in the middle of the carpet was part of a necklace and pieces of paper. The corners on furniture was dusty and dirty. The refrigerator, microwave and clock were not plugged in so the lamps could be plugged in and working. To use the refrigerator, microwave and clock, we had to unplug the lamps to use the other appliances. And if we used the computers, everything had to be unplugged for that too. When we left, we used the middle stairs and they were dirty in the corners with food in the middle of the steps and sticky handrails too like the west end staircase. No one was at the check out counter so we just left. My cousin and I were very disguisted with the cleanliness of this hotel and with the management and staffing. The cleaning maid barely spoke English and my cousin isn't sure if she understood her or not. ... I will never stay at this Quality Inn & Suites again, nor will I ever recommend it. It was the worst experience I've ever had in a motel room/stay.

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone to stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nothappy229

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel had spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The bathroom fan was really noisy and obnoxious. The interior halls needed to be vacuumed as they had mud on them. Breakfast was varied and tasty. Our rooms were at the top of the stairs so many noisy guests kept us from sleeping. there was also a lot of noise from the parking lot as people came and went.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our stay at this Quality Inn last weekend was a disappointing experience. I had requested a disability access room. When I arrived we got the room requested, but there was no bench for the bathtub. I asked for one several times at the front desk, but the clerk was unable to find any bench for us. She really did try, and even called the manager, but no bench. Next morning I asked a different desk clerk. She explained that there was only one such bench in the whole place, and it was being used in another room. So if you are the first to arrive, you can have a bench for the tub. But if your not first, you're just out of luck. Also, the disability access rooms have a regular tub with lots of grab bars. There is no hand held shower head, and there is no room with a wheelchair accessible shower. In my opiion, management at this hotel is not much interested in accommodating individuals with disabilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was easy to find. Room cost less than the quoted price. The ice and vending machines were just outside our room which was very convenient. I was surprised the room was so quiet considering the closeness to the vending and ice machines. The only negative was the random hairs found throughout the room. Thankfully none were found in the sheets of the bed or pull-out couch. I did check the room for bed bugs (my standard practice.) The rooms were bed bug free and the clerk was very willing to let me check the room before paying and checking in. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Was an older property, but it was a good place to stay. Clean and comfortable, which is always important. Mattress was a little soft for me, but that is just a matter of taste, not quality. Breakfast was pretty standard but tasty. My biggest gripe was that the exhaust fan in the bathroom was very noisy, and was linked with the light so anytime the light was on, there was a massive racket.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I should know that a 75 dollar hotel isn't the best but. When you go to use your ice color in the room, there shouldn't be standing water in it. My keys wouldn't work no matter how many I got from the desk, they ended up coming to my room and letting me in. Bed was very hard and the linens had stains on them.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel in the area
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pat N
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very nice place. We stayed mid-week so received a lower rate. Room was very clean, the beds were extremely comfortable and the employees friendly. A little confusing finding the entrance at first, but we did see it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family