Wow, we were very disappointed with the quality of this hotel. Even though we got a great price through priceline it wasn't even worth that price.
We were greeted by a deskclerk who didn't look at us or smile. She definately did not take pride in her appearance, nor did her supervisors. Her shirt was wrinkled and untucked. If she wasn't behind the front counter I would not have known she worked there.
We had 2 adjoining rooms. One room had a broken lock on in so our toddlers kept opening the door and walking out into the hallway. We stayed on the 6th floor and the only floor that had a working ice machine was on the 11th floor. So staying with 5 children it was very inconvient to get ice.
I had a huge work deadline to meet so I called earlier in the week to make sure they had working Internet at the hotel. But when we arrived the Internet was not working. The night staff was very polite and reset the Internet several times trying to get it to work. But it did not happen.
In the morning I went to the front desk to ask if they could have someone come look at the Internet because It was very important that I be able to get some work done that evening.
The female clerk looked me start in the eyes and said "Do you think I control the Internet or something. I can't help it if it is not working." Then she went back to ignoring me on her telephone call to a friend.
I stood there waiting for her to decide to come back to our conversation. She rudely asked "What else do you want?" I kindly explained that it was important that I get on the Internet this evening and asked if she could call a supervisor.
The clerk told me to use the old computer in the corner. After explaining that I needed to use my laptop for my work and getting extremely frustrated with her inability to be polite. I finally got a gentleman who came out from the back room to help me a bid. But he admitted that the only way I was going to probably be able to get the wireless Internet to work was going to be to sit with my laptop in the lobby.
Well, let's see I guess I'll put my 5 children to bed on the floor of the lobby and sit and do my work!
The weekend continued to get worse and worse. The pool was freezing so no child or even Adult could possible swim in it. The hot tub was broken. There was no refrigerator in the room. And no breakfast bar in the morning.
Overall the Clarion was a huge disappointment. Both its quality of hotel room and its quality of employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full Service Downtown Hotel located in the Historic 4th Street entertainment district. Close to Convention Center, Museum, Movies Theaters, over 14,000 meetings rooms for weddings, and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Sioux City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sioux City Hotel And Conference Center
- The Sioux City Hotel Sioux City
- Clarion Hotel Sioux City
- Clarion Sioux City
- Sioux City Clarion