Howard Johnson Sioux City
$76
ComfortInn
$129
Fairfield Inn Sioux City(Sioux City)
$107
$117
Super 8 Sioux City South(Sioux City)(Great Value!)
$76
$68
$129
$119
GardenInn.com
$90
$116
Hampton.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I will never stay at this hotel again...The pool was really run down and dirty, there was no clean towels in the pool area but there was plenty of dirty towels all over the pool area. I don't think the pool area has been cleaned since the new management took over. Also, it says that its a heated indoor pool no the water was freezing the kids couldn't stay in the water for very long. I refused to let me kids get into the bathtub because there was so much dirty around the bathmat inside the tub. I also had a run in with one of the sales guys Dan. He was very rude and told me that next time I need to stay at a more kid friendly hotel because this hotel isn't kid friendly. I do plan on taking this further and turning this hotel into the BBB. It was not even worth the almost $90 I spent. I stay in cleaner and better hotels for a lot less then that. They didn't even have free breakfast for the price I spent. The hotel desk clerks was super nice and totally agreed with me on how Dan treated was on called for. I was just looking for something fun to do with my kids without spending a whole lot of money and this hotel ruined everything for me. I was mad and upset most of the night and the kids couldn't really swim cause the water was freezing (I should have just let them swim outside). I'm very upset with this hotel and the ruined what was suppose to be a fun weekend with my kids. Never AGAIN...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie J
dmaher64, General Manager at Howard Johnson Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank You for your information on our pool, we did find a problem and now it is fixed and the pool temp is perfect. Again, thank you. Also, our hotel is a Downtown Hotel with standard rooms, we have no
rooms to accomodate a group of small children. Our occupancy of only 4 is for the safety of the children. Again, we do not have children suites as other hotel have. This is what we tried to explain, sorry for your misunderstanding.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I booked a room here last min and was glad they worked with me. This hotel was a dump my room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks the window where so dirty you couldn't really see out the. floor where stained with who knows what. My bathroom had hair on the ceiling floor and in the shower. My lights by my bed didn't work also don't know what they wash the sheets in but I broke out in a rash. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast I have never had food that bad then they charged me 6 dollars for it. A group of us came down to enjoy the bar half the time there was no bartender and when she was there she was rude and spent more time yelling at people. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN

Room Tip: Parking only free on the weekends
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dawn F
dmaher64, General Manager at Howard Johnson Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dawn F: Having read the review I want to extend my personal apolgies on your stay, this is not acceptable and will be taken care of. We have been working to make sure this does not happen.
Not make an excuse, but, in fairness our Morning Cook broke his ankel on Friday Night and was not in till after 10AM on Saturday, we did the best with our staff as possbile. It was unfortunate as we were full for that weekend (193 rooms). If you return to Sioux City please stop and I will make sure we take care of you. Again, I am very sorry for the problems and I will make the changes needed. Thank You.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

When I first arrived, I thought there would be a nice pool with hot tub. No, there was a run down pool with no hot tub. The next concern I had was the fact that anyone can enter the hotel from the parking ramp at anytime whether they are staying there or not. A guy was walking around the parking ramp looking very suspicious and I did not want to leave my new car there. The rooms were not exactly clean. People there were not the average people and I ended up leaving within an hour. I wasted 80 dollars and ended up going home. Terrible hotel and the pictures online do no justice

• Stayed: February 2012
dmaher64, General Manager at Howard Johnson Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Sketchy: We are sorry for your trouble, for your information there is 24/7 security in the parking garage (it is owned by the City not the hotel), Our pool was just re-finished, and I am not sure what you mean about "average people" we had one of the Republican Candidates stay for 3 days and wrote how well our hotel was and looked forward in coming back, I think that would be above average. I have talked to housekeeping, but, since you did not come down to the desk we do not know what room you where in. I am sure if you would have come down and let us know of your concern we would have taken care of you. It is hard when you have a problem and you do not let us help. If you come back please stop and see me.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Clean rooms, good rates, and great staff. This is a place I will visit again

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at the Sioux City Hotel for New Years Eve and it was excellent. Jenn made all of our reservations and we were a big group! She did an excellent job at getting our accommodations and made all of us feel welcome! The rooms were great! Hope we can do it again next year. Thanks for the fun evening.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends