“Convienent but average”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
The Villages, Florida
“Convienent but average”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed 8/5. Hotel just off interstate. Parking was ample and free. Mongolian BBQ restaurant across street and Outback a short walk away. There is also a convenience store and gas station next to the hotel. Big downside for this older hotel is the lack of an elevator. Since we're seniors getting luggage to our 2nd floor room was a workout. Rooms were adequate with fridge, microwave. Beds were very comfortable. Adequate, but average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry C
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Jerry C,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Sioux City. I'm glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds. I do apologize that we do not have an elevator. I understand how that would be frustrating. We would love to have you stay with us again and next time we will do our best to get you a first floor room.

Mark B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
B-town, NJ
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife, our 5 month old daughter and I stayed here for a night on our Summer 2013 road trip. Check in was easy, the staff members were friendly, and we had a good first floor room. There are a number of restaurants close by. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David F
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Not sure what the other reviewers are used to in price, but I stay in a lot of $80-90 comfort inns and this one was very disappointing. The only item in the "new" Comfort Inn "model" was a flat screen tv. Bathroom, closet, room decor looks like I was back in 2001 again. Room was so small with two queen beds, the non-reclining chair was used as a nightstand. No elevator, no frig, no microwave??? Really?
Note to management - Could be nice property. Spend a buck or two and you will get better reviews.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear T_and_M travels,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Comfort Inn Sioux City. I do apologize that not all of our rooms have a fridge and microwave. We pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional guest experience and it is obvious from your comments that we failed. I assure you that we are working very hard to offer clean rooms and great service. We do hope that you will choose us again in the future when traveling to Sioux City.

Mark B.
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were here visiting family for the weekend and were glad we chose Comfort Inn. Late check in on a Friday was hassle-free and our room was clean. Even though we were on the first floor near the pool area, and the hotel was busy with a bunch of kids staying there for a baseball tournament (plus a pool party on Saturday), the noise at night was minimal. Substantial continental breakfasts, comfy beds, a great bathroom, and a microwave and mini-fridge in the room all made our stay comfortable! The only downside was that there is no fitness room on site. We'll definitely stay here again when we come back to town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alicia E
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Cross country trip alone, all I wanted was a simple basic room and a good bed. This gave what I wanted. It was nothing fancy, and I left before the free breakfast was available. It was worth the money and did not cost a bundle. Lots of ice and snow, but the parking lot was clear so I had not trouble getting inside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Julia B
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Not told of no elevator after check in. Had to drag big suitcase up stairs. Clerk disappeared. No one to assist. Hotel had stains, scuff marks on stairwell (from other suitcases being dragged up or down), broken screen on window, birthday pool party going on with kids running down hall at 10:30 pm. Property well worn but room was clean. For $20 more, could have stayed at a Hilton brand. Won't stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Misskittys
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. All front desk associates are instructed to offer assistance with luggage; I have also instructed my staff to routinely walk the property to ensure that there are no group activities in the hallway that could disrupt other guests of the hotel. Again, I do apologize for the issues during your last stay and I do hope that you will give us another chance on your visits to Sioux City.

Mark D. Baltushis
NV
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel needs a make over. The rooms are nice a size, the TVs have updated to flat screens, yet they have poor service as all the digital TVs have a snowy reception. The beds are the only part of the stay that was good, as they are very comfortable. However, they need to update the linen and get rid of the nasty bedspreads. The hot tub was low on water and had mold growing on it. The hot breakfast was eggs, sausage and the traditional carb fest. The waffle iron was broken, as only one side would get hot. Spend the extra $20.00 and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank notop4me
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear: notop4me

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can report that the TV reception issue that you mention has been addressed. Also, I can personally assure you that the hot tub is shiny and clean. We have been monitoring breakfast and are now rotating different options including biscuits and gravy, bacon, link sausage, etc.

Again, I do apologize for any issues that you had during your stay and do hope that you will visit us again.