“Overpriced and out of date”

Comfort Inn Sioux City
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Overpriced and out of date”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Not sure what the other reviewers are used to in price, but I stay in a lot of $80-90 comfort inns and this one was very disappointing. The only item in the "new" Comfort Inn "model" was a flat screen tv. Bathroom, closet, room decor looks like I was back in 2001 again. Room was so small with two queen beds, the non-reclining chair was used as a nightstand. No elevator, no frig, no microwave??? Really?
Note to management - Could be nice property. Spend a buck or two and you will get better reviews.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear T_and_M travels,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Comfort Inn Sioux City. I do apologize that not all of our rooms have a fridge and microwave. We pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional guest experience and it is obvious from your comments that we failed. I assure you that we are working very hard to offer clean rooms and great service. We do hope that you will choose us again in the future when traveling to Sioux City.

Mark B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were here visiting family for the weekend and were glad we chose Comfort Inn. Late check in on a Friday was hassle-free and our room was clean. Even though we were on the first floor near the pool area, and the hotel was busy with a bunch of kids staying there for a baseball tournament (plus a pool party on Saturday), the noise at night was minimal. Substantial continental breakfasts, comfy beds, a great bathroom, and a microwave and mini-fridge in the room all made our stay comfortable! The only downside was that there is no fitness room on site. We'll definitely stay here again when we come back to town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alicia E
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Cross country trip alone, all I wanted was a simple basic room and a good bed. This gave what I wanted. It was nothing fancy, and I left before the free breakfast was available. It was worth the money and did not cost a bundle. Lots of ice and snow, but the parking lot was clear so I had not trouble getting inside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Julia B
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Not told of no elevator after check in. Had to drag big suitcase up stairs. Clerk disappeared. No one to assist. Hotel had stains, scuff marks on stairwell (from other suitcases being dragged up or down), broken screen on window, birthday pool party going on with kids running down hall at 10:30 pm. Property well worn but room was clean. For $20 more, could have stayed at a Hilton brand. Won't stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Misskittys
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. All front desk associates are instructed to offer assistance with luggage; I have also instructed my staff to routinely walk the property to ensure that there are no group activities in the hallway that could disrupt other guests of the hotel. Again, I do apologize for the issues during your last stay and I do hope that you will give us another chance on your visits to Sioux City.

Mark D. Baltushis
NV
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel needs a make over. The rooms are nice a size, the TVs have updated to flat screens, yet they have poor service as all the digital TVs have a snowy reception. The beds are the only part of the stay that was good, as they are very comfortable. However, they need to update the linen and get rid of the nasty bedspreads. The hot tub was low on water and had mold growing on it. The hot breakfast was eggs, sausage and the traditional carb fest. The waffle iron was broken, as only one side would get hot. Spend the extra $20.00 and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank notop4me
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear: notop4me

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can report that the TV reception issue that you mention has been addressed. Also, I can personally assure you that the hot tub is shiny and clean. We have been monitoring breakfast and are now rotating different options including biscuits and gravy, bacon, link sausage, etc.

Again, I do apologize for any issues that you had during your stay and do hope that you will visit us again.

Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I booked this room with Travelocity and used the secret room feature. I booked our 1 night stay for $42 including tax. Te first room we went to had obviously been smoked in, we went to the front desk and the gentleman at the front desk explained that that particular room had been converted to non smoking. He promptly and cheerfully moved us to a different room. The room was clean, neat, good size and smelled much better than the first room. The bathroom had some obvious ceiling repairs, but it was clean, the shower worked well and the drain worked. The breakfast was good, with; waffles, apples, bananas, oranges, toast, english muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, juice, mini doughnuts, dry cereal,hard boiled eggs, and a few other things. The breakfast area was fully stocked, neat and clean when we arrived 30 before breakfast was over. Bottom line, I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul Y
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been at this hotel many times as my company only books in Choice hotels and my options in Sioux City for Choice hotels are very limited. I would have to say 95% of the time when I check in the hotel staff is not at the front desk and a sign is on the counter asking you to use the house phone to call them (not the best welcome you want).

Also I know myself as a Diamond member with Choice Hotels we are not guaranteed an upgrade, but every time you ask for an upgrade you get the canned response of sorry NO upgrades available. I can tell you it takes 40 nights to qualify for the Diamond status and this is the only hotel in which never honors myself in upgrades for being a Diamond member.

This location needs some major updates, chairs / carpets in rooms have stains along with some major cleaner or fresher smell as this carries throughout the hotel along with the very outdated decor throughout the hotel (rooms do have flat screen TV’s though)

If I had a choice of my business stays and needed to stay in this area I would stay at the Hampton Inn across street or the Hilton Garden on the river and spend the extra money.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this location
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill C
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Mr. C:

Thank you for bringing your concerns about the hotel to our attention. I understand your frustration and can assure you that your comments have been shared and utilized as a training tool for our Front Desk Associates. I noticed that you mentioned you were not given a free upgrade for being a Diamond Elite with Choice Privileges. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience and will work to ensure that, when available, you are upgraded at the property. We thank you for choosing the Sioux City Comfort Inn and look forward to serving you in the future.

Mark D. Baltushis