“My Honeymoon Stay At The Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Sioux City

Ramada Sioux City
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Hope, Minnesota
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

1. Breakfast is free (eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, cereal, English muffins, mini-muffins, toast, milk, juice) but was mediocre (probably the most bland gravy I've ever had) and was the same every day we were there.
2. The pillows were a bit stiff.
3. Television is of analog style with 40 or so channels.
4. Park out front if you like your car and want to keep it.
5. No vent in the bathroom FYI but there is a heat lamp which is nice.
6. The shower was disgusting. The faucet dripped constantly and there was either rust or stained blood on the bottom.
7. The train track nearby went unnoticed until the third morning at 6am.
8. Do you really have to visit Sioux City anyway? Might I suggest a nice trip elsewhere? Think about it, they call it "Sewer City".

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed because of the reasonable government rate. Got a non smoking room and ended up with a room that smelled like an old person lived there, that never bathed. I had to ask them to go spray the room. I had to try to tell a non english speaking maid to tell her the room stunk. She supposidly sprayed the room, we came back a few hours later and it still smelled so bad. NEVER, NEVER will we stay there again. We will stay at the Stoney Creek Inn for $20 more a night, but it's clean and the bathtubs arent moldy and mildew. We walked up to the front desk to check in. A girl with a sweat band over the top of her scalp line with a jogging suit jacket on. She was on the phone and was pretending to run down the hallway to look for someones stuff they left in the room,when she was only looking into a bag she had behind the desk. I wanted a good 6 mins. for her to check me in. Very unprofessional looking and acting! Then they allowed a motorcycle to park on the sidewalk right within a few steps from the door. Tacky! They should have that motorcycle parked in a parking stall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

MASON CITY
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was very disappointed by this stay. Other Ramada hotels I have stayed at or visited were very pleasant, clean, updated, had helpful staff. My online reservation email said my check-in time was 2pm, when I arrived at 2:20, I was informed the room had not been cleaned yet. Came back at 3 and it was "ready". I reserved the 2 room suite because my boyfriend and I and our 4 kids were staying there. When we got to the room I discovered there were only 3 pillows and the ONLY sheets and blankets were on the king bed, also the crib/pack n play I had requested several times was not there. When I went to the front desk to get blankets, sheets, and pillows I was informed there were no more pillows and that they would be bringing some more from another hotel with the same owner, at the same time I was informed that the sofabed in my room was broken and unusable. The front desk person brought two rollaways, blankets and sheets. We then all left for a wedding. When we returned, the 2 additional pillows had been dropped off at the room (totalling 5 pillows for 6 people). Never once were we offered any sort of comp or discount. I have never had such a stressful stay at any hotel in the country, next time I will gladly sleep all 6 of us in a small room at any other hotel to avoid this kind of ridiculous mess.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Collinsville
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Bathroom heat light was replaced with a low wattage cfl-no heat
No clock radio in room
No lamp on writing table-had to use flashlight
pop up bathroom drain was not connected to drain rod-had to pry it up
GOOD Features
handicapped parking right outside entry door
hotel computer was handy
breakfast was hot and good
desk personnel were helpful
beds were clean and comfortable

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hard Rock Hotel Sioux City
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 5 in South Sioux City

Been to Ramada Sioux City? Share your experiences!