“Sioux City”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed October 14, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed because of the reasonable government rate. Got a non smoking room and ended up with a room that smelled like an old person lived there, that never bathed. I had to ask them to go spray the room. I had to try to tell a non english speaking maid to tell her the room stunk. She supposidly sprayed the room, we came back a few hours later and it still smelled so bad. NEVER, NEVER will we stay there again. We will stay at the Stoney Creek Inn for $20 more a night, but it's clean and the bathtubs arent moldy and mildew. We walked up to the front desk to check in. A girl with a sweat band over the top of her scalp line with a jogging suit jacket on. She was on the phone and was pretending to run down the hallway to look for someones stuff they left in the room,when she was only looking into a bag she had behind the desk. I wanted a good 6 mins. for her to check me in. Very unprofessional looking and acting! Then they allowed a motorcycle to park on the sidewalk right within a few steps from the door. Tacky! They should have that motorcycle parked in a parking stall.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was very disappointed by this stay. Other Ramada hotels I have stayed at or visited were very pleasant, clean, updated, had helpful staff. My online reservation email said my check-in time was 2pm, when I arrived at 2:20, I was informed the room had not been cleaned yet. Came back at 3 and it was "ready". I reserved the 2 room suite because my boyfriend and I and our 4 kids were staying there. When we got to the room I discovered there were only 3 pillows and the ONLY sheets and blankets were on the king bed, also the crib/pack n play I had requested several times was not there. When I went to the front desk to get blankets, sheets, and pillows I was informed there were no more pillows and that they would be bringing some more from another hotel with the same owner, at the same time I was informed that the sofabed in my room was broken and unusable. The front desk person brought two rollaways, blankets and sheets. We then all left for a wedding. When we returned, the 2 additional pillows had been dropped off at the room (totalling 5 pillows for 6 people). Never once were we offered any sort of comp or discount. I have never had such a stressful stay at any hotel in the country, next time I will gladly sleep all 6 of us in a small room at any other hotel to avoid this kind of ridiculous mess.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Bathroom heat light was replaced with a low wattage cfl-no heat
No clock radio in room
No lamp on writing table-had to use flashlight
pop up bathroom drain was not connected to drain rod-had to pry it up
GOOD Features
handicapped parking right outside entry door
hotel computer was handy
breakfast was hot and good
desk personnel were helpful
beds were clean and comfortable

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The air conditioning unit in one of the rooms was not tight against the wall.
Y0u could see daylight from the inside room 158.
Also, the noise of the train going by every hour on the hour was disturbing.
The location to the Tyson center was ideal, as we were there for the fall classic
hockey tournament.
The bathrooms could be cleaner--dirt in the corners.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was an experience to say the least. The smell of sewage was over whelming when I walked in the door. I know Sioux City smells bad when you drive through.... but this was bad. The room was very musty. The mold in the bathroom might have had something to do with it. Sadly I didn't notice the stains on the towels til after i showered. (see photos) The homeless people were rampant... but I know this to be a more location thing than a hotel thing. Downtown Any-city will have a homeless quality. What bothered me the most was the lack of security. Card access to the exterior doors didn't work. The door lock to my room didn't work. Long story short.... the homeless population had free access to my room. On the plus side. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in a long time. The smell of the fresh cooked food actually suppressed the sewage smell. The food staff was very on top of it. I was impressed with that part of my stay.The cleaning staff left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a little getaway (main reason was a concert in the Tyson Center). The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, we were even allowed to park our motorcycle right by the front door. The hotel is older but suited our needs very well. Pros: Friendly and helpful front desk staff, great location (lots of restaurants in walking distance), free shuttle to the casino, clean rooms, excellent price and great parking. Cons: very eager housekeeping! (they came early the first morning to clean, 2nd morning they came and woke us up. We said we were okay, then they came back an hour later!!!) and the outdoor pool was not heated.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple