“Good Eat”

Fuji Bay
Ranked #44 of 215 Restaurants in Sioux City
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Good fish in Iowa? In a word YES. Our food is always good and fresh with nice service. It is true that when busy you will have a small wait but its not fast food and its always been worth it. On a side note try the ice cream. It is flown in from Japan and is out of this world!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband was not a fan of Asian food until we started dating. We tried many of the Asian restaurants that are in our area and I was very dismayed. So I have searched for good food and one place we found was Fuji Bay. This is our place of choice every time that we travel to Sioux City. They close for awhile in the afternoon like many other Japenese places but we got there shortly before they closed, we were the only ones who happened to be there and the food was excellent. The last time we had been there the place was full.
We had spoken with a business associate while we were there. He said that he has two daughters from large cities. When they come into town their first stop is often Fuji Bay.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Food took an hour for 3 people during slow time with few customers. Immitation crab was used, though the menu did not say so. The sushi was served at room temperature and fell apart easially.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

I was introduced to this restaurant by a friend a few years back, and I have been coming back regularly since. My mom comes at least once a week! I always get the steak box, which comes with more than enough food. I am absolutely addicted to the California rolls. I also highly recommend the green tea ice cream. The place is small (10? tables), the wait can be long....sometimes up to an hour when there is an event at the Orpheum Theater....but I feel it's well worth it, and obviously a lot of others agree.

1  Thank rosiee1205
Reviewed July 7, 2009

When we talk about "going out to dinner," we really mean we're going to Fuji Bay. The service is great and friendly. There's only one sushi chef, but the place is small, so if you're seated, you won't have a very long wait. You don't need to make reservations, but if there's an event downtown at the Orpheum Theater, you may wish you had. The sushi and appetizers are great, though the menu is more limited than some other places. But, that just means they make those dishes really well and that the ingredients are always fresh.

I would have liked this restaurant to maintain a classier clientele, but you'll often see kids, shorts, and flip-flops, and it can get noisy depending on who is next to you. They can accommodate groups up to 12, but I'd recommend keeping your party to 2-4 to respect other diners' space and speed of service.