All reviews the breakfast area front desk cinnamon rolls parking lot felt safe business center room was clean the maintenance man free wifi staff was extremely friendly and helpful large tv coffee maker a great place to stay minute drive in excellent condition late checkout lovely hotel housekeeping staff
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Except for the comment above the hotel was very good. Room was clean, breakfast was excellent, staff was friendly without being "over the top". Some minor maintenance issues such as a few burnt out light bulbs and the wall paper peeling at the seem in the bathroom and missing tile grout prevented it from being 5 dots as far as the hotel itself.

My sleep experience was terrible! The bed was WAY too soft. No matter how I laid, my hips would go down into the mattress and my head would go up creating an awkward position. I prefer a much firmer mattress. My wife even said the same thing. -1 dot for this even though I know they can't cater to every type of sleeper.

If you like soft mattress' this is the place for you.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

K-and-3j,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such candid feedback of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and received friendly service during your stay. Please know that we have taken immediate action with the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you and we hope you will give us another chance to show you that our services have improved. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Please know they do not clean your room if you put your do not disturb sign up in the morning. That sign hanging on your door means no cleaning service at all. Our sign was down before noon. We returned around 4:30 much to our surprise - no towels etc. there is no one to clean in the afternoon other than front desk clerk. No one advised us that we need to be up and out by 9:30 am to have room cleaned. Really disappointing.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Emmbreslin,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay. I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience of your room not being cleaned. Please know when the Do Not Disturb sign is placed on the door housekeeping will not return to that room as we care about the privacy for our guests. Training has taken place so we can avoid this type of inconvenience in the future. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 712-274-0100 and I will be happy to speak with you regarding this. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will choose our hotel in the future as our services will have improved.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We were impressed the minute we stepped into the lobby!!!! We had a quick and friendly check-in even though we didn't have reservations. A lovely hotel from the lobby to the rooms. The room was absolutely the cleanest and most comfortable we've been to in a while. The breakfast was wonderful and the breakfast area very spacious. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Claudia,
Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review! It warms our hearts to know that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed every area of our hotel. I am happy that you were able to sleep well and enjoy our full hot breakfast before heading onward with your travels. We cannot wait to have you as our guest again and we look forward to seeing you then!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Sioux City, IA

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Stayed at this hotel for one night. They were very accommodating and clean. One of the most comfortable beds my spine ever touched. FREE WIFI! FAST WIFI! Breakfast was good too!

Next to places to eat, and late checkout is 1:30p!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Chinedu U
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I live locally but rented a suite with friends to have a place to congregate with classmates during a high school reunion weekend. This property couldn't have been better for our needs.
Our suite offered 2 sink areas, a table and 2 chairs, a couch and chair, large TV, a closet with doors, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, and a bathroom sink area set separate from the actual bathroom.
The lobby breakfast area was huge and was nice for meeting with friends. In this area are several separate seating areas. This makes each area feel somewhat private and made it easy to socialize.
We met up for breakfast on the Sunday morning of our reunion weekend. It was probably one of the better motel breakfasts I have had. Offered were eggs, omelets, 2 types of sausage, Cinnabon rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, a variety of cereals, several juices, milk, fruit and coffee. I know there were other items as well. Bagels maybe? Employees were keeping the area stocked up until the time breakfast was to end . . . something that doesn't always happen at other motels. Once we were finished eating, one employee offered us a nearby conference room so that other guests could sit in the breakfast area where we were but without making us feel as if we needed to move along. She was gracious about it and we were happy to move.
Each employee I encountered was really nice from Lori in the breakfast area to the housekeeping personnel on our floor. One housekeeper took the time to tell us to have a nice day as we were leaving.
The location was perfect for our needs. I appreciated the easy access to major thoroughfares as well as having a Caseys convenience store adjacent to the hotel. The parking lot felt safe.
The lemon ice water in the lobby? Nice touch!
I will recommend this facility to friends and family when they are in town.

Room tip: Views aren't much to speak of.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

IowaLakeGirl78,
Thank you very much for such detailed feedback of your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and much appreciated. I am ecstatic to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations in many areas. I am very pleased to hear that our team members made your stay memorable. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and recommending our hotel to others. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Sioux City, IA