All reviews the breakfast area front desk cinnamon rolls parking lot felt safe business center room was clean the maintenance man free wifi staff was extremely friendly and helpful large tv coffee maker a great place to stay minute drive in excellent condition late checkout lovely hotel housekeeping staff
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Once again I was in town on business and Holiday Inn Express, Southern Hills is always first on my list to stay at. The front desk personnel are great to work with and the manager always says welcome and thank you. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The entrance driveway is new, along with a brand new Casey's where you turn in and less than 100 yards from the front door for anything you might need. There are plenty of restaurants within 5 minute drive and several within easy walking distance of the hotel. I will be back again on my next trip to Sioux City.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Midwest938,
Wow! Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your kind words have been passed on to our team. I am ecstatic to hear that we are first on your list of places to stay and that our hotel meets your expectations is every aspect. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for choosing our hotel each time you are in Sioux City, IA. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area!

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Nice place to stop on our way to the Dakotas. Clean, comfy beds, good breakfast and close to restaurants like Outback, Buffalo Wildwings, etc. It is right off interstate 29, so the location is great and not too congested.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Katrina S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed many things throughout your stay such as our convenient location, good complimentary breakfast, and our comfy beds. I am glad you were able to rest well before returning to your travels. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Quiet. Easy access off I-29. Comfortable room with good bed. Thermostat controlled HVAC. Breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express, although HIE seems to have changed their cinnamon rolls, at least at this location. I prefer the old ones. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Cara H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

nowandthen48,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel. Take care!

Cara Higman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Sioux City Iowa

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Rooms were clean, beds comfy, and the bathroom was clean. It took us a minute to find the wash clothes and towels because they were on shelves under the sink.

Pool was clean, well stocked with towels, and warm! It is just a basic pool (3ft-4.5ft deep) but the kids were happy to be able to play in the water!

Service was fantastic!! The man at the front desk was very nice, helpful, and apologetic for IHG's screwup! (Stayed 6/15) He let my kids each pick a treat (no charge) because they had been waiting for a half an hour while I was trying to get things straightened out with IHG customer service. All staff we encountered were friendly!

I am a very picky traveler on a budget...I value cleanliness above all. I will definitely stay here again!!

*(Side note: Using IHG rewards to book a room was a nightmare!! We had been traveling all day and I tried booking a room using my smartphone while on the road. It gave me an error message and I didn't want to go thru and try again because I was afraid I would be charged twice. When I got to the hotel an hour later they could not find a reservation and told me I would need to call the 800 number since I was trying to book using points. I spent a half an hour on the phone with 2 people from customer service trying to get a reservation. During that half an hour my mother-in-law and kids sat waiting in the vehicle. I thought booking with points would be easy...boy was I wrong!)*

Trip type: Traveled with family
Cara H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

cber793,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Cara Higman
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Just a quick overnight stop as we are driving across the country. We checked in late, had breakfast, and headed out the next morning but what a great hotel! The two gentlemen at the front desk were so accommodating and friendly. Rooms were very clean and breakfast had great variety. Hotel is super clean and well maintained. 100% recommend!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Cara H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

SDalt227,
Thank you for the perfect review! I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed the entirety of your stay including our full hot breakfast and the friendliness of our team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to being your home away from home next time you are in Sioux City, IA.