“What a nice express”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed February 8, 2013

House keeping, staff, rooms, internet, bed... All perfect. checked in as a platinum and was upgraded to a very nice suite on the forth floor. Been here all week and can't find one thing to criticize. This should be the example that all IHG properties are held up to. WOW great job owner and staff. Bravo!

Room Tip: suites are the size of two regular rooms. Lots of room to stretch out.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee R
Lindsay H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Lee R.-
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us about your recent stay at our hotel. We hope to see you in the future here in Sioux City. I will pass on your great comments to our staff. Thank you again!
Lindsay H.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2012

WOW is all I can say about this property and its staff. A spotless entry way, spacious breakfast area and the rooms are GREAT. Very clean and stocked well. Very comfortable beds and pillows and the latest TV's. It is located to great shopping and eating. A great selection of breakfast items started our day, and ALL of the staff are very friendly and accomidating! If you are traveling through Sioux City and are in need of lodging, the Holiday Inn Express should be at the top of your list!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed two nights for a swim meet in town. The suite was roomy and clean and quiet. The free breakfast was good and the staff was quite young but friendly. We had to move to a new room due to a strong wind making a howling noise in the radiator, but it was smoothly accomplished.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wrangler16
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband had business in Sioux City and brought me (his wife) and our teenaged daughter along. This property is clean and well cared for, even if there are some signs of wear on the furnishings. Those details did not detract from the overall experience. We stayed on the third floor, and it was extremely quiet the whole night.. Breakfast in the morning was great: hot bicuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as the expected cold items, including hard boiled eggs. Coffee was quality. Overall, a nice stop, with no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was in town for work and this was my first stay at this hotel. My ears are still ringing. My room was loud until 3am with people above and beside and in the hallways sounding like a party at a fraternity. My room was also not clean. There was long black hairs in the bathtub, spots where it looked like someone sneezed on the mirror, some small stains on my towels and stuff, and dusty. Staff was friendly but not very helpful during noise complaints. I had an accidental wake up call twice during my stay, I was just not happy with the overall service and cleanliness of this hotel. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jmoe32
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear jmoe32,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Sioux City, IA.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night and there must have been a wedding party the same evening - because between the loud room next to us and above us; and the kids running the halls - sleep was impossible. We called the front desk and the girl said she would take care of the noise problem, but after an hour we resorted to the fact that she wasn't able to handle the issue. For the price, I expect to have better service and more respectable guests around me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mark B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Mark B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am really sorry that the noise kept you awake during your stay. We want our guests to have the best sleep possible when away from home and are very sorry that you didn't experience that with us. Rest assured I have taken note of your comment and will use this to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for the review and we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had to come to Sioux City for business and checked with Trip Advisor on places to stay. I am pretty fussy and demanding when it comes to my hotels. I spend nearly 150 nights per year in hotels.

Upon my arrival I was met by two very pleasant young ladies working behind the front desk. I was checked in promptly and seamlessly

My room was spotless, the bed so comfortable that I actually overslept. They have ac outlets on top of the desk. The desk has an ergonomic chair and plenty of room to lay out spreadsheets

I hated to leave, but all good things come to an end

The breakfast was warm and plentiful. I loved the manager chit chat with all of us in the morning

The only improvement this hotel could make that I can see is to get the electrical outlets located above the nightstands for those of us that travel with a CPAP machine

This is definitely my first choice when coming back to Sioux City!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business