“Best burger and AmberBock draw anywhere, cozy, clean and satisfying.”
Review of Mikes Saloon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mikes Saloon
Ranked #139 of 215 Restaurants in Sioux City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Their hamburgers are what hamburgers used to taste like when the butcher cared about his craft. The fried chicken is just like Mom used to make for Sunday dinner. Onion rings, fries etc. always crisp and delicious. To die for desserts, very good soups. They also have prime rib on weekends, but I'm not a fan so don't know much about it. Don't be fooled by the outside. It's where those 'in the know' go for good food and drink in a welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed January 3, 2011

Dingy, dirty, poor service...we were told they had run out of Bud Light. Really? Pretty sure our waitress was too lazy to go back to the cooler and get another round. I waited for 1 hour and 15 minutes for our food to arrive...there were maybe 10 other people in the restaurant the entire time we were there. I could smell my $25 8oz sirloin as the waitress brought it from the kitchen....it smelled like rotten meat. Once I cut into it I realized that the sickening gray color ran all the way thru the steak....grey and slimy. MMMM - wouldn't have fed that rotten piece of crap to a stray dog.

3  Thank GraceNebraska
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I will start with the ambiance. We walked in and were almost smoked out by the smoke from a fireplace burning, the smoke was burning our eyes so we moved to a different room. We had not been waited on yet. After 10 minutes, finally, our waitress showed up, we ordered drinks, another 15 minutes, our drinks came, we ordered our food, I ordered a salad, small sirloin steak, medium rare and sweet potato fries. My husband ordered a medium rare ribeye, salad and fries. There were only 4 other tables, maybe 15 people, that our waitress was serving but she could not take time to bring us another round. It was 45 minutes before we got out food and my steak was charred, totally overdone. My husband’s was medium well, he ate it anyway. I finally flagged down our waitress who was ignoring us and she said “well I told them medium rare” I sent it back and the steak they brought me was rotten, truly. It was grey in color and smelled of rot. It was not overcooked but the center was grey slim! I sent it back and did not eat. I am not a picky eater, but this was horrible food. My husband was on him 3rd Bud Light bottle and ordered a 4th but was informed by our waitress that they were out. Yes, you read that correctly, OUT! This place is a total dump! Do not eat here!

2  Thank amylyn