“Okay but not like normal”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #128 of 209 Restaurants in Sioux City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Okay but not like normal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Ate here yesterday for late breakfast. Our food was okay but both of us felt like they had prepared some food on the grill, and then not cleaned it off well. Our entire breakfasts did not have the true tastes as if they had been grilled on top of something else. We both had french toast and fried eggs. We're disappointed after spending $20. Service was just okay too. They cleaned the table with a sloppy wet rag and then sat us, and this is a pet peeve of mine to be seated at a table that's all wet, including the booth seats.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Waitress did a good job with my difficult mother-in-law”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food was typical Perkins--as expected, nothing fancy. Love the Fit menu though!

My mother-in-law told the waitress to make sure the butter was spread all the way to edges of the bread and when it arrived, the waitress very patiently waited while she picked up her toast by the edges and carefully examined it, making a face while she did so. The waitress offered to have them re-make the toast for her, very patiently and kindly.

The waitress also did a good job when my mother-in-law was complaining that back home, they offered her an AARP discount and why didn't they here? Obviously, the waitress has no control over that but again, was very patient with her.

• Visited June 2014
Fulda
“Still the best pancakes ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I completely agree with the review below it is a perkins just like all the other ones. Best ham and cheese omelet and pancakes anywhere! This one is a bit odd that it closes overnight so no late breakfast here. They let me order off the senior menu and didn’t say a word about it and any fool can see I am not 55 yet so I was happy about that.
So yeah it’s just a Perkins and nothing to write home about but still good dependable food.

• Visited May 2014
Sioux City, Iowa
“It's Perkins, just like the rest of the Perkins”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were on the search for breakfast and has missed the 10:30 cut-off point for breakfast at a fast-food place. Perkins was nearby, so we stopped. What can one say about Perkins? It's the same every time - walk in, wait for someone to seat you, wipe the crumbs off the seat, etc. We arrived shortly after 12:30 and were seated after a 5 minute wait at the hostess area. Our server came by fairly soon and was very friendly. Once our drinks arrived, we ordered our breakfast. I must not have looked very hungry because the server asked my boyfriend if he wanted cheese, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers on his hash browns but did not ask me. Sigh.
One thing I have noticed about Perkins is the food NEVER looks like it does in the menu pictures. I'd ordered the special strawberry pancakes and instead of being loaded with berries, it had about 3 slices. It's okay, they were still good. They were served on a gigantic platter that had a lot of empty space between them and the 2 eggs. It made it seem as if they forgot to include something. Once I got beyond the general sticky feeling left from the syrup container, my food was pretty good, just not worth $10.
Our server never did come back to refill my Diet Coke but did apologize to my boyfriend for the spoiled creamer he'd added to his coffee.
The person who took our money seemed mad he was working on Memorial Day. He didn't maintain eye contact, didn't thank us . . . he just went through the motions.
Perkins is Perkins - ho hum, nothing special. Yawn.

• Visited May 2014