“Great Desk Manager” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Washington, MO
“Great Desk Manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This motel is close to the highway, but a little difficult to get to, even with a GPS. The desk manager was very friendly and helpful and knew some of the "regulars" by first name. The room was clean, and they had a fan in the hallway to keep the smoke smell away from the non-smoking rooms. It worked. We stayed here on our way to Montana and were impressed enough to stay here again on our way home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pat M
bharati p, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Sioux City South, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for the positive response. We try to make every effort to make every stay for every guest a positive experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a stopover coming from the Black Hills of South Dakota. We had no complaints at all. Very clean rooms. My understanding they finished updating and painting at the facility. Although, the bad side is there is an extremely amount of construction going on at this exit and can be difficult going in and around the town. Otherwise, a very nice stay and the gal at the desk who checked us in was extremely friendly and nice.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor do to our chocolate lab being with us.
2 Thank Marsha D
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room was large and they were able to get us in on a ground floor room - those were the positives and why it was an average rating.

Now for the bad news. Carpet was stained and dirty. We were in a non-smoking room - for all the good that does. The bedspread smelled like an ashtray - gross! The hallways reeked of smoke - probably because the smoking rooms are mixed in with the non-smoking rooms. Not real brilliant on the part of the hotel who came up with that brilliant layout. If I rated the overall experience on smoking vs non-smoking, would have rated this stay POOR!

Be careful too when booking online with places like Hotels.com for this place. We got the same rate with Hotels.com that we could have gotten direct with Super 8. Hotels.com charged us up front - so when our plans changed - we were out the money since the hotel would not let us change our reservation. We basically paid for two nights in the end and only stayed one night.

Fairly inexpensive I guess as hotels go - but if you have issues with smoke - keep driving. Next time we will look for a property that has all non-smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Keep driving if you have issues with smoke smell - NS and smoking rooms all mixed together.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Thundrdawg
Lincoln Ne.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you see my other reviews of hotels, my wife and I really dislike paying muchch to simply sleep. This Super 8 was quick with our check in and we spilled some water from a cooler and the front desk clerk Rochelle said "don't worry about it, I'll take care of it." We were tired and that was a great gesture. Rooms were clean, sleep was excellent and we were literally out the door 7 hours later. Only reason it didn't get a 5 was you could really smell the smoke on the lower level in the hallways. Other than that, quick, inexpensive night of rest just a few blocks off of I-29. If you want pools, doormen, valet parking, restaurant, workout equipment...go pay $200 a night somewhere else where you don't use any of that stuff anyways!

1 Thank deliveryman
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

No complaints. For $60 I got a clean quiet room. Everything worked. With the money I saved I went to Eldon's Steakhouse down the street. (Super 8 staff warned me it would be expensive but I went anyway.) My only wish would be that this place was closer to the center of town.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank TheTimMan
Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I'll start by saying that I have stayed at many Super 8s. Some have been awesome, some have been average, and some I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to stay at (There's one in Tulsa, OK that comes to mind!). I would rank this one right between average and excellent. The front desk clerk (can't remember his name) was very friendly, considering my late check-in. It's right off I-29. There's a Wendy's right next door if you need something quick to eat. The hotel also has a basic continental breakfast... with muffins, danishes, cereal, toast, and juice. The room/bathroom was clean. My only complaint (I hate to call it that... It's more a personal preference) is that the bed wasn't soft enough for me. I ended up tossing and turning quite a bit. However, if you need a quick overnight stay with no frills, this is a great choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJ1986
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Room was nice and clean, bed comfortable, breakfast good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family