“Rude front desk staff”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
MO
“Rude front desk staff”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

When we checked in, we were told about the location of our room, the food being served in the dining room, the continental breakfast - everything except the fact that they planned to close the pool the next day. We would have taken our grandkids to the pool that night if they would have told us. When we went to the pool the next morning all dressed to swim with our two small grandkids, the staff was extremely rude. The manager, Ardis, was gone and never did return our call.
We ended up going to AmeriInn where the staff was awesome and the pool was open. Although the room was clean and comfortable & the maid seemed nice, the front desk staff were horrible. We are definitely not satisfied with their service and want to know how Quality Inn will handle this.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — rude front desk
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank powdermoose2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
minn
Reviewed July 22, 2008

first time here good place to stay service was good outdoor pool
was a good place to chillout nothing like past reviews i read.you get what you pay for and a free ride to and from place's in the city. one of the better free breakfast's in the motel world . we will stay there again good place & location for your pet . indoor&outdoor pool were fine over all a good stay and good location.

• Liked — 2 pools pool side rooms hotel accmmodtions
  • Disliked — could not have dog pool side
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
hurricane utah
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I walked in as I usually do. They would not give me the $35.00 state corp rate that I usually get because they were about booked up for weddings and reunions. What do you expect? I paid 55.00 and it was still worth it. The beds were clean and comfy.....
The carpets are sticky......thats called HUMIDITY in Iowa..
The front desk staff is the same friendly bunch that remembers you each year........... The pools & the free wireless make it worth it to me.....................................

• Liked — friendly staff and the pools
  • Disliked — sticky floors
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2007

I recently stayed here for a wedding and was totally grossed out by the rooms. When I opened my door a musty, mildew smell engulfed me and the floor was so sticky, I never walked barefoot at any point in the room. My shower also had hairs left over from the last occupant, leading me to believe that it was never cleaned in between guests. GROSS!

Both the outdoor and indoor pool were nice. The restaurant served cheap midwestern food, but the rooms were gross and the staff rude. It always surprises me when you ask for help and the staff acts like you are inconveniencing them. In my four-night stay, I found only one staff member who ever had a smile.

The hotel is also located in an industrial area next to a memorial, as in headstone, manufacturer and show room. What a wonderful view!

I would totally suggest staying somewhere else while visiting Sioux City!

• Liked — The restaurant and outdoor pool
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
Nebraske
Reviewed April 30, 2007

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it definately needed some work. We stayed again this April and were amazed at the difference. The hotel has been completely renovated and is now very nice. We had some special needs during our stay and the staff went above and beyond to accomodate us.
We really appreciated the complimentary shuttle and our children greatly enjoyed the indoor pool area. Dinner in the restaurant was fabulous and priced right. The only thing that could possibly have made our stay any better is if it was during the season when the outdoor pool was open.
We plan to stay here whenever visiting the Sioux City area.

Stayed April 2007
Denver
Reviewed February 18, 2007

I have never written a review on a hotel before, but feel I must tell you that I will never stay here again.

I should first tell you that the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the food in the restaurant located at the hotel was decent enough.

However, I had requested a non-smoking room, and the first night I was put into a room that may have been non-smoking while I was there (but only because I don't smoke), but the entire hotel reeked of cigarette smoke. The smoke comes through the ventilation system, so even the labeled non-smoking room I moved to smelled of smoke. Although I was never with smokers my entire trip, when I came home and opened my suitcase, everything smelled as if I had sprayed my clothes with smoke!

The rooms themselves are decent, comfortable bed and seemed clean. I try not to judge a hotel just because it is old, but in this case, the age probably helps to add to the feeling of it being old and dirty. If that will be a problem for you, I suggest choosing another hotel.

• Liked — Free wireless internet, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — smell of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
USA
Reviewed September 3, 2006

The room was fine, nothing special, just the basics. The lighting in the bathroom was poor and it had a cheap looking drop ceiling. The most disappointing thing, it advertized an exercise room which turned out to be a very small room next to the pool with three pieces of broken equipment.
The continental breakfast was so-so.
The restaurant wasn't open either for dinner the night I arrived or for breakfast the following morning. There was an ok restaurant across the street. Just basic food, clean and good service but it had a really stinky smoking section.

• Liked — proximity to the interstate
  • Disliked — no exercise room
  • Tips/Secrets — just go here to sleep