“I've seen a little worse, and I've seen much better”

Rodeway Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Twin Cities, MN
“I've seen a little worse, and I've seen much better”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

You get what you pay for, and in this case - perhaps a bit less. Front Desk staff was very friendly! The room was a bit tired, and not the most clean I've ever seen but it could have been worse.

Positives:
Heat worked well
Friendly FD Staff
Decent Selection of TV Channels
Our Non Smoking Room felt smoke free.
Bed was a bit noisy, but pretty comfortable.

Not So Greats:
Odd room layout with a window for a wall
Seems lots of local contractors stay here as their home, and work odd hours (lots of coming and going late at night/early in am....3am ish.
Hallways were smoky

Overall, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my kids here, but for myself and my adventerous wife - it was OK.
Wish we would have checked out the lounge, that is a nice feature that would have been good to check out. I want to give it 3 stars, but can't say it matches the "average" defination of 3 stars, when this would be slightly below what I consider average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Across the USA and back again and this is by far the nastiest, grossest cheap dump! Heat/fan didn't work and room was clammy and hot all night, no privacy, no service, ONE towel for a double bed room, never got clean sheets, so smokey we all got nasty coughs from staying in this hell hole. and when we told them thy offered nothing..stay away!!! Far away! There are plenty of nice places to stay for the same price!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank WebbsTraveltheUSA
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was booked into the Rodeway Inn by Hotwire who misrepresented this hotel as being a 2-star hotel (even though if you choose this on the "show you portion" of the website, they only rate it as a 1-star). Upon arriving, I was shocked by the look of this establishment, so much so that I chose not stay at the facility. (Reading other reviews on this website, I find others obviously had the same experience.) I tried to get my money back from Hotwire, who refused and further, have just learned from my credit card that they also could not secure a refund. I would not stay at this hotel, nor will I ever us Hotwire again. They are not to be trusted.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sksimpson
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We appreciated being able to find a room after dark in this area but after we got in the room we decided to check-out. It was supposed to be non-smoking but it smelled like smoke and there was an ashtray in the room. It appeared from the parking lot action that perhaps there were weekly rentals. This hotel is not a Choice Hotel. The staff was very nice and agreed to credit back the room charges.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lismore,Mn
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We booked a non- smoking room only to find an ashtray as soon as we walked in the door plus the room smelt of smoke. The bed comforter had a burn spot the size of a quarter on the back side. The mattress had brown stains running down one side. The bathroom light fixture did not have a cover and the wiring looked like it was from the early 1950s. The tub did not have a stopper for taking a bath, not that I would want to sit in a stained tub. The bathroom tissue was so thin that you could actually see your hand through it. The cups etc. were not in plastic so you couldn't tell if they were new or reused. No microwave or refrigerator in the room. I asked the front desk for an iron and ironing board and there was non to be found. The only thing I will say positive about the place is that the breakfast was one of the best that we have had at any hotel.

Room Tip: Not a place to stay unless you want a cheap room and don't care how it is. Choice Hotels booked...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ann D
Victor, Mt
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We always look for value when traveling but this wasn't it. The price was very fair but the value was poor. The motel is located in a less than desirable part of town and we felt very insecure about the safety of our car. The building is huge and appeared very dirty as we attempted to find our room. There are no elevators so you must drag your luggage up the stairs. The room itself was ok but the air conditioner was not very effective. Overall a poor value. We would not go back.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank DontanaCalamity
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was at this hotel for a wedding reception last weekend. This hotel is disgusting! Very very dirty! One of the maintance workers told us he was happy the room was decorated for the reception as he didn't want to clean the room! He was told NO, you will clean the room! Beware if you have children; the pool has been drained and filled with rain water which is green and full of trash. There are NO barriers to secure this pool. The popcorn maker in the bar looks like it hasn't been cleaned at all this year! Carpet is lifted in many many places creating a trip hazard-so watch where you step. I am taking the next step and reporting this hotel to the Sioux City Board of health!

Room Tip: I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for $10.00 more-this hotel was CLEAN!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family