“in rough shape but clean”

Rodeway Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This motel has definitely seen its better days--quite old, run-down, in bad need of a remodel. However, if you need an inexpensive spot to bunk for the night, this motel might be for you. Desk personnel were very friendly, helpful and the morning breakfast was adequate. Also, it's very convenient to the Tyson Event Center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JPaige9905

Reviewed March 8, 2013

OH MAN..WHERE DO I START! Upon checking in there were police cars outside, when we went to check into the room the police were interviewing 2 people in the lobby.,. the one woman looked like she was rented by the hour.. boy i had no idea the rooms would look just the same. So since it was late and we already had reservations we decided to stay since we are not from the area. We went up to the room, which by the way was a mile away (for real) the hallways were freezing cold and there was no elevator or escalator. So we get to our room the room was supposed to be smoking and there was a sign that said "thank you for not smoking" so we call the front desk and the lady says "oh just smoke in there, come get your own ashtrays" so for the reviews below complaining of the rooms smelling like smoke.. its cause they have no "designated" smoking room. (funny how she refused the mile hike to bring us the ashtray) so we had conjoining rooms. One of the lights was not working so we called her again and she came up told us "you cant run the microwave and the tv at once or it flips the breaker" she said she would be back once she goes and finds a lightbulb out of another room. I went in the shower to take a shower and the water would not drain (surprise surprise!!) So we decided to go down to the pool .. on our way the halls has an intense smell of pot. We told the front desk lady and she said "there is no way to tell what room it is coming from there is nothing i can do" REALLY?! maybe call the cops? anyway so we went to the pool, the water was cold and there were soaking towels everywhere. The pool was to close at 10 at quarter to 10 the front desk lady came to the pool area and told everyone to get out. We didnt argue just went up to our room. We got back up to the room there were people running up and down the halls at all hours of the night, The next morning we didnt even go down for the breakfast after all this amazing service.. we didnt need to have the poops too. I spoke with the manager, to let them know we would be cancelling for our second night. she was less than willing to believe that the service was bad or that her front desk lady who had been with them for years treated us bad. WORST place by far i have ever stayed at in my life... this is not a place to bring your children or your worst enemy for that matter. stay at the Americinn we had wonderful service there. we didnt get bed bugs amazingly!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn this past weekend for a group function. The price was great! We really loved the hot breakfast buffet. It had scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, hashbrowns, cereal for the kids, and lots of other stuff. The indoor pool was great for the kids. It was also nice to have the lounge. My wife and I had a drink while the kids played a game of pool and waited for our pizza to cook. The hotel could use a little updating, but the value is great. The staff was very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. I would come back and recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travis S
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stopped in the carpet is coming off the floor, could not get safe to stay closed so had the door hanging in the walk way all night. The pool does not have all the safety equipment and the whirlpool was broken. Talked to some of the regulars has been broken for months. The clientele looks like the place might charge by the hour, no WiFi and the staff was untrained and inattentive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

First off there was a dirty towel in my room. There was no heat in the room I went to first desk but never fixed it. My toilet was leaking. And all the power in the room went off at nite when I was watching tv. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank sugarwillie78
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I travel the U.S. as a contract worker, this is my second time staying here, the first time 2.5 months and this time for 6 months. While this is not a 5 star hotel, at this price point you get clean, comfortable rooms, with friendly staff, and whenever I have some issue with the room, I received
prompt attention to fix the issue. I have enjoyed my stay here and would have no problem staying here another 6 months. If I had to nick pick about something, it's the wifi reception, decent but could be better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sean S
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were on our way home from Denver and saw the Rodeway and decided to stop in. There was lots of room to park our trailer (truck + trailer = 60 feet), the price was right, very comfortable and clean king size bed, no odors, and an all-you-can-eat breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausages (not greasy), hash browns, and biscuits/gravy all looked after by a cook. We would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family