“Nice stay in Souix City”

New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Medina, Ohio
“Nice stay in Souix City”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The front desk personnel were excellent, personable and knowledgeable with a very fast and efficient check-in. The entire motel is extremely clean and user friendly. Our room, a king suite, was equal to, or better than, any room we have stayed in during our many years of traveling. and this includes many well-known hotels and resorts. The only reasons that I have not rated it a five is that some of the other amenities are more on the average side, ie. the lobby and breakfast area. The breakfast selection is also pretty basic. However, the pluses far out-weigh any minuses. We would not hesitate to stay at this location again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi David,
Thank you for the kind words and for taking time to share your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate when guests help tell others that the New Victorian value is for real.
See you next trip,
Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Milwaukee
Reviewed July 16, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this place and I must say this was my first time in Sioux City. The rooms where fine, nothing fancy and clean but if you want to have a view of something besides a Toyota dealer and what looks like a natural gas holding tank facility, you might want to find something else. If you just want a clean quiet place to sleep and move on the next day. This place works.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi jsosso,
Thanks for giving us a TripAdvisor review.
We do appreciate guest comments and for suggestions ways that we can serve our guests even better than we do.
The views - ? - I guess that many hotels have the same issues, but you must admit during your trip the New Victorian Inn was probably the best value you received based on room rate and amenities given that included a 42" flat screen, microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board in every guest room, plus the 24 hour pool and hot tub, the 24 hour exercise room, the 26 item breakfast bar, and the cleanliness of the rooms.

Our staff works hard to deliver an exceptional value to each and every guest.
It seems a bit unfair that you would feel that your room didn't have a "grand canyon" view and that deserved a low 3 star rating. Most of our guests feel the New Victorian experience is a great value.

See you on your next stay,
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

4th of July week, last year, family rented 4 rooms for a get together. We were so pleased with the service and cleanliness, we met there again this past week. Same GREAT service!!! Cassie and her crew are amazing! One of the folks commented, in all the nights we've stayed here, we've never had a single issue. In today's business culture that can see an apathetic approach to customer service... AMAZING!! I mentioned to Cassie the fact of noticing so many of the employees seen last year are still here this year. Her reply, "My people love their job!" The pleasant attitude... the cleanliness... the overall value and quality evidence that comment.
The Good Lord willing, we four couples will return again next year to this same facility for a long weekend getaway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Larry and your group for trying us a second time to prove your first New Victorian experience was a fluke. Our staff does work really hard to deliver quality for our guests. Our ultimate goal is to meet or exceed our guests expectations, and when our guests take time to tells us we did another great job, our team is very excited. They work behind the lines and most of what happens inside a hotel is unseen - and often seems unappreciated.

Our cleanliness, guest room amenities, breakfast serving hours of 5 -11 Mo-Fr and 5-12 noon Su, 24 hour pool, and our friendly staff are for real,
Thank you for telling other travelers about the New Victorian Group.
We are located in Sioux City, Lincoln, York, Kearney, and Norfolk.
See you next time,
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way to Mt Rushmore. Overall for cleanliness the hotel was okay. But the morning of our departure someone busted out our van window. The front desk lady gave me a number to call to call the police and that was it. The parking lot was full of glass in which I cleaned up myself as the staff sat outside and smoked. The other guests in the hotel were much more helpful than the employees. This speaks a lot to the character of the employees. I WILL NEVER BE RETURNING!!!!! As a guest a little kindness would have gone a long way!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank bagsfam
Manteno, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights here while traveling to and from the Black Hills of SD.

The first night was very nice. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean, décor was nice. Abby at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very basic but there was something for everyone. The only issue is the lock on the door didn’t line up so it didn’t lock. We did use the latch so we were fine. Abby promised to get it looked at.

On the way home we stayed in a room with 3 beds. Again, extra points on cleanliness and décor. We were so pleased when we walked in. After a bit I noticed a bad smell in the bathroom. It reminded me of stomach flu. Everthing looked very clean and I couldn't find the source of the odor. It wasn't strong so we didn't complain. However, we didn't sleep well at night at all. The beds / pillows were so uncomfortable. The pillows were either dubbed "Mount Rushmore" or "flats". The beds were the worst I ever slept in.

Additionally, on the second stay, the air conditioning did not cool the room during the night. It would go on for a short time then stop. We would wait an hour and try a different setting. No luck. In the morning I told the girl at the desk but she didn't seem interested. She did say they would get it looked at.

I have to say Abby and the cleaning ladies were really nice and the prices were really good. But stay away from the rooms with 3 beds if you want to sleep. If we only had our second night's stay, this would be a 2 but I'm averaging the 2 stays.

Room Tip: The room with 3 beds had the worst beds and pillows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I headed up to Sioux City for the star wars weekend and booked this hotel I ended up getting there 5 hours b4 check in I took a shot in the dark and went and was hoping they would let me check in I was beat from the drive and did not know what I was going to do to kill 5 hours so I went to the hotel and they let me check in I was floored I was SO HAPPY!!!! After my power nap and a day and night at my event I came back to the hotel and for some reason my insomnia kicked in and it was going on 4am I went down to the front desk and asked if there was any way I could get a late check out check out was at noon they let me stay until 2pm once again I was floored I was so happy I got my 8 house of sleep for my drive the next day! The staff was so cool I could not be any happier with a hotel New Victorian Inn You Rock!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
naperville
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, but not very sound proof. We could hear the people talking in the hall and slamming their doors. I was so tired that I was able to fall asleep, but was awaken early in the morning with people slamming their doors. The person at the front desk was friendly and courteous. The breakfast was okay. I would stay here again when traveling through Sioux City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family