“Great Getaway Night”

New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We spent a night at this hotel to celebrate my birthday. The room was spotless, the bed was SO comfortable, and the staff friendly and informative. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City

Reviewed November 17, 2011

For the price you can't go wrong and it was just an ok stay. It is a average 1 and half star hotel that was once a Baymont. The good things are the bed was relatively comfortable and the room was clean with a flat screen TV. The property could use some updating and has an indoor pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was the standard breakfast with cold items and some biscuits and gravy. Nothing to write home about. The location is conveniently located off the interstate. The biggest down side to this hotel is the TRAIN! I was woken up multiple times early in the morning as the train engineer felt it necessary to blow the horn excessively at 3 AM. I would probably not stay again due mostly to the train tracks that run next to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
NVI_Owner, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

Thank you for sharing with everyone the value that we provide. We are glad you noticed our level of cleanliness, the 42" flatscreens in every room, our comfortable beds, and our large breakfats buffet. As you pointed out, our guests get more than the standard amenities, and at a great price when compared with our national brand competitors. We understand the inconvenience of the train whistle, and we are working towards a solution of no train horn while approaching this gated crossing. Our staff works hard to meet our guests every expectation. If your travels ever take you to Lincoln, Beatrice, York, or Norfolk, Nebraska you will receive the same great value. Thank you again for choosing the New Victorian Suites in Sioux City.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

The beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced. We planned a quick weekend getaway to watch a Muscketeers game. When we phoned to get hockey tickets, they recommended this hotel. The service was great, the pool area looked nice (we didn't have time to go use it), we had a King room that was bigger than I thought it would be, very clean room and overall nice decor. The breakfast room was "cozy", but many more items than I expected for such a great rate. Initially, I was causious about the independent name, but I was put to ease by the friendly staff, and the cleanliness and quality of the property.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

We are happy we met and exeeded your expectations. Our team has over 80,000 guest rooms annually at our five locations to get it right, and they do a remarkable job as you found out. We have a large guest following, and they tell similar stories about our amenities, cleanliness, large breakfast buffet, and our large 42" flatscreens in every guest room. Our staff appreciates when they see a guest comment about friendly service. When I travel, I too am very caucious about staying at non-national brands, andoften I pay double or more for a lot less at those national brands than if I was staying at the New Victorian Suites.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My kids and I stayed in Sioux City for a couple nights for a personal trip. The New Victorian Inn has a very clean, welcoming environment, and all for a great price! The staff there is very helpful, the manager Jeff Hoffart was very professional, polite, and had the same manner with my kids. When I stay in Sioux City I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you on behalf of Jeff Hoffart and the team at teh Sioux City New Victorian Inn and Suites for your kind comments. We appreciate being part of your pleasurable stay in Sioux City, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have stayed here several times, the staff is always helpful and the rooms are VERY clean.
I will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing what you saw at the New Victorian.
Our 'drill sargeant' white glove inspections are why we have the cleanest rooms that you noticed. We appreciate you taking time to share with other travellers.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We spent 2 nights here based on the good reviews on this site.
Pros: Very clean. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Convenient location just off Interstate and near several restaurants. Walmart nearby for snacks and drinks. Microwave and refrigerator in room.Laundry room.
Cons: Near train tracks-heard trains during night. Breakfast good, but I don't like using commom jars of peanut butter and jelly-would prefer individual packets. Toilet paper was bad-very rough.
I would stay here again (but would bring my own toilet paper)

Room Tip: King suite was quite large and not that much more expensive that a double queen.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed here one night as we were passing through. We selected the facility primarily based on other reviews. We were not disappointed. Our king room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. We did not have time for television, but were impressed with the large-screen TV. The facility advertises a 26-item deluxe breakfast. I didn't count the items, but "deluxe" suggested more to me than was available. The only hot food were biscuits and gravy and the proverbial Belgian waffle maker. The breakfast room is very small and folks had a hard time finding a place to sit. Aside from that, this is a very nice place to stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family