“awesome service, good food”
Review of The House of Q - CLOSED

The House of Q
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The brisket was amazing. The sides we got (fried pickles and mac and cheese balls) probably would have been really good, but they tasted like they were fried in old oil. I really liked all of their bbq sauce options. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We also got our food quickly, and it was very reasonably priced . I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The place isn't much to look at, but you will feel welcome, have great BBQ, and if you don't go away full with change in your pocket I would be surprised. Great food Great value

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We used to love The House of Q but had a terrible experience the last time we went. I was with a group of 8 people and understand it can be difficult to get the timing right when it comes to bringing food out. 4 of us received our food right away and the other 4 ended up waiting approximately 10 minutes. That felt a little awkward.
They have a sandwich called Heaven on a Bun. This sandwich includes a variety of meat. It used to be heaven, but now, not so much. (not quite hell, but definitely not heaven) 3 of us ordered it and when our meals arrived, all 3 of us commented that one of the meats looked like hockey pucks. We brought this to the attention of the owner, who is very nice, but his comment was, "They all are like that tonight." Hmmmm, That may be true but it doesn't make it right. No one could eat that hard and dried out piece of meat.
Someone else in my group had the pulled pork. It was the dry crusty edge meat that seemed to be scraped from the side of the pan.
They were out of baked beans which just isn't right when it comes to a BBQ place.
The sweet potato fries were good.
We used to eat here once a month or so. I can honestly say I do not care to go back.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I enjoyed pulled pork sandwiches from this fellow back when he had a mobile operation and expected his restaurant to be the same. Perhaps it IS, depending on when you go there, but I would say while he knows how to make good BBQ, running a restaurant is another challenge - one that needs some work. Both of us felt the BBQ was warmed-over stuff that was actually BBQ'd days before we arrived. We tried both ribs and brisket and were underwhelmed even when compared to a mediocre chain-eatery like Famous Dave's. On a positive note, great beer selection and the beer recommendation was spot-on!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've eaten here twice and both times I have taken my food to go, So I can't comment on the atmosphere or service but the food is pretty good. I had brisket both times and it was good. It had a nice flavor, good portion for the price, but it was slightly dry. The sauce I had with it was very tasty. I also tried the mac and cheese balls but they were burnt and dry. I would probably stop here again if I was craving BBQ but other than that probably not.