“Eldon's Outstanding”

Eldon's
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful restaurant that opened this past spring. It's a gem in the Sioux City area!
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We has eaten at Eldon's several times and the latest was last night. The food was outstanding and the service very good. But the reason I'm writing is to answer the fellow concerning the BPI protein products. I'm a Doctor and I know the FDA has no problem with BPI products, and Eldon's food is pure and wholesome. Just regular restaurant food, only at a higher level than most.. Don't let others bias, and ignorance keep you from this fine restaurant.

1  Thank Terry M

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food was ok, but not fantastic. Service was very slow. Seemed like they wanted to be upscale, but had not gotten there yet.

1  Thank Tommy J
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The food here is great and there are selections in a wide variety of price ranges, from burgers under $10 to steaks etc over $30!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was excited to try this place based on all the great reviews and word I've heard from friends. I hesitated to try it because I heard it was very expensive. The reason we finally decided to give it a try was because we received a $25 promo coupon from Eldon's in the mail. It really wasn't as spendy as we anticipated. My prime rib dinner with two sides included was $23. However, I can get way better prime rib at other places around town (SOHO, even Outback!) for cheaper so why bother coming here? The prime rib was over cooked and flavorless. I finally put some horseradish on it to make it better (I don't like horseradish!). I can't believe people are saying this is the best steak around! My "creamy" mashed potatoes were lumpy and tasteless. My caramelized carrots were pretty good, but certainly not a reason to return. Yes the atmosphere is very nice, but I go to a restaurant for food not atmosphere. The service was also a little lacking. She only came back once after serving our food and took forever to bring our bill and then another eternity to bring back the credit card.

1  Thank rosiee1205
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We tend to head to Eldon's often because they have the best food in town. Hands down, the best steaks you can find anywhere.