“Excellent Thai food, very reasonable price”
Review of Diamond Thai

Diamond Thai
Ranked #11 of 213 Restaurants in Sioux City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent Thai food, very reasonable price”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have some in-laws that make authentic food like Peter and his wife serve, and their food was very comparable. Peter is incredibly personable, and wants to make sure that you enjoy your food and visit. Because it is just him serving, the service can seem a little slow, but the quality of authentic Thai food and his personality more than make up for it. The pumpkin curry was out-of-this-world, I've never seen another dish quite like it.

• Visited July 2012

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“First time trying Thai Food... Very Good”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stopped here on a road trip and it was AWESOME! Even my unadventurous friend agreed that the food was great! Try the Fried Corn nuggets with the coconut, they were so good and also the crab/cream cheese wontons. The atmosphere is a little rough, but the food is great. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the Thai Iced Tea just because it was so sweet!

• Visited July 2012
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Amazing thai food in this city?? Who knew??”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

What a GEM! Peter and his wife are a great asset to this community. We stopped here on our ROADTRIP based on the reviews here. Larp Gai was great (even without the mint) and the fried rolls were also amazing. My brother loved the pumpkin curry. He does have the glutinous rice to go with everything. Stop here and eat even if you have to hunt to find it. In normal small authentic Asian places, know that it is he and his wife so it's homey and kitschy and service is what it is. Peter is very excited about what he does and makes amazing food just don't expect five star service just five star Thai food at this hole in the wall!

Roanoke, Virginia
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We visited Diamond Thai on our cross-country trip on the advice of TripAdvisor and what a great suggestion!! The outside building is a little run-down but the food is incredible. We had the spring rolls nicely displayed in a glass bowl and perfectly prepared light, not too greasy, and very tasty. I had the barbecue duck which was very good albeit a tad salty (but it is barbecue after all) but my husband had the green curry chicken and Oh My Gosh it was so good. I've eaten Thai food before but never tasted such an explosion of subtle, fragrant spices. I'm thinking this is what authentic green curry must really be like (and the color is not very green). The place is casual and comfortable and the owner? was extremely nice and accommodating. We'll be back if we're ever near there again!

• Visited June 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Unexpected Diamond”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This Thai resturant is truely a gem in an unexpected location of Sioux City, Iowa! The outside of the building is not much to look at. It is like run down building. The building has two entrance. One has a business and the other is the resturant. The front door faces the street. Parking is very questionable and limited space. I was little bit worried to park my Jeep there in the near by parkinglot. Inside the resturant is very clean and has its Thai decorations. The "gem" part of the resturant is the food and service! Authentic Thai food and drink. I had fresh spring rolls, grilled lamb, (like 3 lamb shanks with vegtalbes dish), and sweet mango and sticky rice. I had Thai ice tea for drink. It was an awsome food and experience! I would recommend it!!! This resturant is ranked #1 in Sioux City, Iowa by tripadvisor.com.

• Visited June 2012