“Great place for a large family!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

After struggling to find a room that suited us in several other places in Iowa, we drove on to Stoney Creek. It was worth it. When we arrived even our kids were exclaiming this is the best hotel we have stayed at on our trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nora O

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We upgraded to a suite just so we could have a separate area from the kids (2 x school age) and ended up with a SUITE! It was themed, had a private 3-season balcony, jacuzzi tub, HUGE living space, pull-out couch, private bar, fridge, microwave...WAY more than I expected. Well worth the upgrade - ask for a corner suite.

The pool is fun, with an outdoor portion and waterfall, and the courtyard out back has a nice water feature. The included breakfast was up to snuff, with a waffle-maker and hot buffet similar to most La Quinta's we've stayed in.

The staff was very friendly, and we enjoyed the theme of the hotel, as well as the store. Would TOTALLY stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite! (see my review)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We happened upon this property while searching for a hotel for one night in Sioux City. It fit our needs perfectly, as it was close to the interstate and priced in our range. The room was clean and nicely furnished. Very comfortable beds. The pool area was wonderful. It was late when we visited on a Monday night, so we had it to ourselves. We ate at Famous Dave's next door and had a delightful meal. The breakfast area was very large, which was refreshing since most are small with tables packed together and not enough seating. This was not the case here. The continental breakfast had many selections. The only negative aspect was that the walls seemed to be thin, because for a while we could hear the TV from the room next door. But, it didn't last long and didn't affect our sleep quality. We certainly would recommend this beautiful property and hope to stay again sometime in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I picked this hotel based on reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. We pulled in at nine pm after a long trip from Mt Rushmore and the Badlands. I was intrigued as we booked a 7 person room and it did not disappoint. King bed, queen sofa bed and twin over full bunks which our youngest two loved. It is definitely a themed hotel with lodge furnishings and decor and it reminded me of a popular waterpark hotel we had stayed in several years ago. Our youngest two (6 and 8) were hungry so we headed to the bar as that was all that was open in the hotel. As it turned out, the bar only offered frozen pizza which was fine for the children. Interestingly, the bartender didn't know what selections of beer they offered and when I asked if she had a dark beer or any craft beers she stated "I really don't know anything about beer. This is my first bartending job." She did know how to make shirley temples which was a plus. We noticed the next morning that there are several restaurants we could have walked to which would be an asset if we stayed there again and we certainly would choose this hotel again if we go back to Sioux City. By then, the bartender will hopefully know what her beer selection is and be a bit more friendly!

Room Tip: If you have a large family, ask for a seven person suite!
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was meeting my parents in Sioux City and decided on Stoney Creek because of the pool. I was very concerned because everything I tried to book was unavailable. The lady that I talked to told me that we could get a Kind Expanded room and that we would all fit. I was thinking King bed, sofa bed.....barely room to walk. I was wrong. We had the Cattleman's Lodge suite. It was huge and had a sunroom. The place was extremely clean, too. We had stayed at the Holiday Inn just down the street a couple of years ago and it was so disgusting. I had no problem taking my shoes off in this room. People were great and the breakfast was way more than expected. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Description on the website does not do the room we had justice. I recommend calling and talking to a...
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is clean and new with plenty of small details (towel racks that look like tree branches, plaid wallpaper, etc) to enhance the "lodge-look" of the experience. Our room was very clean with a comfortable bed, reading chair and ottoman, desk, and small refrigerator. The bathroom sink is in the room - my husband didn't like the idea, but I saw it as very practical for sharing the facilities. The lobby area has comfortable chairs for lounging and the outdoor patio is very pleasant with a water feature as well as plenty of seating. There is a bar off the lobby open evenings only. No food served there, but there is a Famous Dave's next door and a very casual hot dog joint across the street. The downtown location will be very convenient when construction of the nearby Hardrock Casino is finished. The free breakfast buffet was nothing spectacular, but definitely adequate.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coolcarm
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night before going to the badlands. My sister booked the bunk bed suite for our party of five.the room was very nice and the girls thought the bunk beds were cooll.lower bunk was a double bed top a single.the other bed was a king. Very comfy.the decor is rustic, very nice.would definitely return

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City? Share your experiences!