“Very Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed one night while traveling through the area. Room was very nice and clean. I liked the rustic décor in the room and lobby. It was snowing the morning I left, wish I would have had more time to sit by the fireplace in the lobby and relax. Stayed in a room with a king bed. There was empty space in the room that needed another chair or small table and chairs. Also, had a pet and the charge was $25 for a pet. I have a small very clean dog and not sure why my pet would require that much extra. Felt like this was too much to pay for a pet. Breakfast was the usual free breakfast. They did have a nice variety of hot tea flavors. Good price for the quality of hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Quadp4, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we too, wish it could have been longer. We spend considerable time and effort following all pet stays to insure that the next room occupant would never know a pet had been there by conducting extensive extra cleaning. As a pet owner of a small, clean dog myself, I understand your perspective but we must insure that if the next occupant has any pet allergies, they wouldn’t suffer any consequence. We hope the future holds another travel through our area and that we get to see you and yours again. Thanks for sharing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Early, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I come to Sioux City whenever we can to get away. And for as long as Stoney Creek has been here we have been coming. We will never stay anywhere else. You cant go wrong, Location is perfect. Rooms are all ways clean and comfortable. We recommend Sioux City Stoney Creek to everyone!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pierce, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We did a family "daycation" and took our kids to a hockey game and stayed overnight there. Everyone was so friendly and the room was super clean! We used the pool when we first got there and was surprised to see it was indoor/outdoor..the kids thought that was cool and even got up early to swim before breakfast!!

The breakfast in the morning was great with a wide selection-no one should leave hungry.

Will stay at again when in town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sioux City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice. Everything is always clean. Breakfast is good. Pool, spa, video games, laundry, & gym good.

The only bad is the people who work here.

First off I shouldn't have to tell them to throw garbage away if it's full. I had my trash left there after they "cleaned" the room. And then when I tell them they insist they did throw it out when obviously they didn't.

I asked to get the beds changed and they only got rotated.

I left sandpaper on the table for work and it was thrown away and that was the last we had.

The last thing that made me not want to come here again was an issue with one of the guest services people. He came talking rudely to me about my 2 & 1 year old how they are unacceptable and if they don't be quiet he's calling the cops on them. All they were doing was picking up their toys and helping me throw trash away. I told him I'll try but they're little I'm not gong to hit them and he said I have to do something I'm the parent and they're unacceptable. Very rude!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Angie226, Please accept my sincere apologies for any rudeness you encountered during your stay. Of course we work hard to hire and train personnel who are hospitable in every way. It also sounds like we threw away things you wanted and didn’t throw what we should have. We will immediately re-address our expectations with guest services, which this representative clearly did not understand, and readdress meeting customer expectations with everyone. Thank you for the comments, both critical and positive.
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at Stoney Creek. Again everything was great! Friendly staff, comfortable beds. The pool water may have been a little on the chilly side, but -23 windchill, it's probably hard to keep it overly warm! I would recommend this hotel. The atmosphere is lodge themed, it's great! We had our two grandkids running around, the walls are well insulated, thank goodness. Can't hear what the next room is doing.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sioux City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I received a free theme room stay at StoneyCreek Inn. I have never stayed here before. I believe that because my room was free I was treated different. There is no pictures on their website to see what the different theme rooms looked like. I called and was told I could come in and have someone show me and my husband what they looked like. We had a lady named Sara who was a lot of help and she was there the night we checked in and was very nice to us. From the night we called in, to the day we checked out we were treated rudely on the phone and at the front desk. We were charged for the room (even though it was free), charged a $25 "incidental" fee, was not told check out, breakfast times or even what our room number was when we checked in. We were told the name of the room and it was on the 4th floor. I couldn't believe the treatment we received here. It was our honeymoon weekend and we will never go back (even though the hotel room was nice).

Room Tip: Very loud where are room was located. We stayed on the 4th floor, hoping the kids were on the 1st &a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jack K, Vice President - Corporate Support at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear mbmiller, I am very sorry we left you with the impression that we didn’t care about your needs and I assure you that was not the case. Your credit card was never charged for your room and its standard operating procedure that we ‘authorize’ your credit card for potential incidental room charges. That too, was never charged to your card, only authorized in case of need. In regard to your request to see all of our room types, I can only say that each is unique and it would take a giant website and a very patient viewer to show and view all of them. There is no excuse for not telling you about breakfast times, but for your own security, we never verbally tell an arriving guest their room number where others could overhear, instead we put it on your keycard envelope. All in all it sounds like we could have communicated more clearly and I apologize for any and all misunderstandings.
lake of the ozarks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed here about 2 weeks this last month. I normally stay at the Hilton Garden but the dates I needed they were booked. Lucky me:)
The staff is excellent and friendly. The hotel itself is decorated like a lodge. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. Location is great.
If you are in a hurry during check out they offer you a little breakfast bag.
They cover everything.
I love this place and this is now where I will stay when I'm in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo