“Fantastic place to stay”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We traveled to Sioux City for a concert at the Tyson Event Center (next door to hotel). Had a great experience at this hotel. Comfortable room, fun pool area, and a great breakfast. Will definitely return here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn this weekend in Sioux City. We would definitely stay here again. The location was great and easy to fnid, right off the interstate, and close to several restaurants and the Tyson Center. The rooms were clean and comfy. The decor of the entire place is very neat. The beds were comfy. We didn't go to the pub, as we had our toddler with us and I am pregnant, but it seemed very nice from the outside. :) The breakfast was great in the morning and the maid was constantly cleaning tables and the countertop the entire time we were in there. My only complaint was that the pool was a little cold, but most hotel pools are.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I live in Sioux City and went to a family holiday gathering at Stoney Creek on Christmas Day. We were in one of the suites on the top floor. When I walked in to the lobby, I spent a bit of time in the large commons area. This area felt like a northwoods lodge and it was a little hard to pull myself away.
Once in the suite, the good feeling continued. Our room had the feel of a lodge retreat. There was a bar area with microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Our living area had a couch, several chairs, a fireplace, and full length mirror all done in lodge decor. Off the living area was an area made to resemble a 4-seasons porch. There were Adirondack-style chairs here. This area of Sioux City doesn't offer the greatest views but it was still nice sitting in the porch area. I did not really notice if the river could be seen from here.
The bedroom had a gigantic bed and large bathroom with a spa tub. One negative I would mention is that if someone was in the bedroom, others have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. It wasn't a problem at all for us but might be an issue for some.
We had our holiday meal in a common area downstairs. Because it was Christmas Day, the hotel was not busy at all and it felt as if we had the entire place to ourselves.
There is a small gift shop shop with lodge-type items as well as a variety of sweatshirts and t-shirts advertising the establishment. There is a pub off the main common area but it did not appear to be open. I talked to the front-desk clerk for a short time. He was incredibly friendly.
I would say the Stoney Creek in is probably a person's best bet for a stay in Sioux City. The suite we had felt so nice, I believe a person would actually feel at home if they wanted to live there.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the price. On ratings above, ignore the last 2. There is not a restaurant and I c...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight on Jan. 5th visiting friends. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. We watched the Vikings game with some friends in the lounge and were impressed with the size. We never heard or awakened from the traffic in the halls or from the next rooms. My wife did comment that it would have been nice to have a full length mirror in the room when she was getting ready for the evening.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After several stays at this lovely hotel one would think it couldn't get better...wrong! I was icky enough to experience the hot tub suite. As always, well maintained, excellent staff and ample options for breakfast. You absolutely can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: They're all fabulous and contain microwaves and small frig
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Found myself on the road over the new year.

Stayed at the Stoney Creek 2 different nights in two different rooms.

First time there I had a suite on the 4th floor. Very spacious and comfortable. Much more room than I needed.

Traveling back through Sioux City, I stayed there again about 4 days later.

Different room on the 4th floor. Little smaller. Very clean and comfortable. Suited me just fine.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Didn't try the downstairs bar or have a chance to try the breakfast although both looked very nice.

Location is perfect. Downtown. Lots of places to eat. Easy access on and off interstate.

Great place. You could do much worse for the same amount of money.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We travel back to Sioux City often to visit family and have stayed at other hotels downtown, but once the Stoney Creek opened we have not been anywhere else.

We are members of their Northwoods Traveler program and get a free upgrade to a King Executive suite. The suite is nice, since it an extra large room, with a sitting area which includes another tv, couch and massage chair. On our most recent stay we had a delightful time, despite the fact they did not change the linens on the bed on Christmas day. The only bad part is something the kids will love, they have an indoor/outdoor pool open year round. Kids and adults are always running up and down the hall and can be heard yelling from the pool area. Try to request a room away from the pool.

The best part about staying the night is the free hot breakfast in the morning. It is a value with coffee, tea, juice, cereals, oatmeal, yogurts, toast, pastries, make your own belgian waffles and a hot dish like biscuits and gravy. It is one of the best free continental breakfasts out there.

Be sure to checkout the woodsy Stoney Creek on your next stay.

Room Tip: Join the Northwood Traveler program for free upgrades
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family