“Again, excellent hotel option in Sx City”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After several stays at this lovely hotel one would think it couldn't get better...wrong! I was icky enough to experience the hot tub suite. As always, well maintained, excellent staff and ample options for breakfast. You absolutely can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: They're all fabulous and contain microwaves and small frig
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Found myself on the road over the new year.

Stayed at the Stoney Creek 2 different nights in two different rooms.

First time there I had a suite on the 4th floor. Very spacious and comfortable. Much more room than I needed.

Traveling back through Sioux City, I stayed there again about 4 days later.

Different room on the 4th floor. Little smaller. Very clean and comfortable. Suited me just fine.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Didn't try the downstairs bar or have a chance to try the breakfast although both looked very nice.

Location is perfect. Downtown. Lots of places to eat. Easy access on and off interstate.

Great place. You could do much worse for the same amount of money.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We travel back to Sioux City often to visit family and have stayed at other hotels downtown, but once the Stoney Creek opened we have not been anywhere else.

We are members of their Northwoods Traveler program and get a free upgrade to a King Executive suite. The suite is nice, since it an extra large room, with a sitting area which includes another tv, couch and massage chair. On our most recent stay we had a delightful time, despite the fact they did not change the linens on the bed on Christmas day. The only bad part is something the kids will love, they have an indoor/outdoor pool open year round. Kids and adults are always running up and down the hall and can be heard yelling from the pool area. Try to request a room away from the pool.

The best part about staying the night is the free hot breakfast in the morning. It is a value with coffee, tea, juice, cereals, oatmeal, yogurts, toast, pastries, make your own belgian waffles and a hot dish like biscuits and gravy. It is one of the best free continental breakfasts out there.

Be sure to checkout the woodsy Stoney Creek on your next stay.

Room Tip: Join the Northwood Traveler program for free upgrades
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Booked a room online in order to stay a few nights after an event at the Tyson Events Center. Upon check-in, the front desk staff were very polite and friendly. After we were in our room for 15 minutes or so, the front desk staff called our room to make sure everything was to our liking. I have never stayed at a hotel that did this and it was a nice customer service gesture. I am a very picky person (as I have stayed in horrible hotels in the past), but I had absolutely no complaints about the room. Everything was very clean and tidy. It smelled nice and the temperature was set good too. The room also had a mini fridge and microwave, which came in handy for us to bring beverages and snacks. Nice selection of channels on the flat screen TV in the room. The bed was a king size and was so comfortable. Slept great each night I was there. I did not hear neighboring rooms or people in the hallways from inside my room. The shades were snug against the window to keep excess light out from the room. The decor in the room and also throughout the whole hotel was super fun. Felt like I was staying in a ski lodge, as it was all decorated like we were in the Northwoods. The commons area on the main floor had a flat screen TV as well with very comfy couches to sit on. Also had a fireplace going, which was super nice since it was December and cold outside. In the breakfast area, there was complementry coffee, tea, or hot chocolate 24 hours. So needless to say, I was sitting by the fireplace sipping hot cocoa quite often! The complementary breakfast was very good too. It did have hot items like waffels, scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, sausage patties and canadian bacon patties, and oatmeal. Cold items were the usual; breads, pasteries, yogurt, cereals, fresh fruit, milk, juice. The hotel was walking distance to the Tyson Events Center (as this is why I booked this specific hotel). Probably took me 3 minutes to get to the entrance to the events center from the hotel. The hotel also had a pool and hot tub as well as a Pub that served alcoholic drinks/bar food; however I did not use any of these services. Nice to have as options though. There was a fitness room there that I did use on one of the mornings and it had an elliptical machine and treadmills. Nice flat screen TV's in this room too, which was nice while working out. I couldn't have had a better place to stay in Sioux City. Very pleased with everything and actually didn't want to leave to go back home. If I had to stay in Sioux City again, this would be on the top of my list!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it appeared to be quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at the hotel on 12/15 and my family and I were extremely disappointed with the hotel. I was under the assumption that this was a family oriented hotel but I was wrong. People next to our room partied until 2 am after I had to call the front desk twice! The walls are so thin that you would have thought we were sharing the same room! Earlier in the day the same people had the music blaring but I let it go because it was still early in the day but when it's midnight and you are trying to sleep with your family this is totally uncalled for. The next morning upon check out I did inform the person on the front desk about the ruckus and all she could say was sorry and gave me a coupon for $20 off my next stay. Now do you really think I am going to stay at the Stoney Creek again?? Well I am sorry I wasted my money for a sleepless night! If you don't want to sleep then come to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mesrios98
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear mserios,
On behalf of our entire Sioux City team please accept my sincere apologies for the noise and sleepless night that you experienced during your recent visit. I must say that your experience is the exception rather than normalcy, because we are indeed a very family oriented hotel, especially on weekends. Unfortunately, although it is rare, some guests just have little or no regard for their fellow guests and in spite of our efforts; they create discomfort for others and don’t follow our quiet hour’s policy. Again our heartfelt apology and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I came with my husband on a business trip. Wanted to relax and prepare for the coming holidays. Even though it was the week of the NAIA volleyball championships and the hotel was full of energetic young ladies I never felt crowded. I can honestly say I have never relaxed or slept better in any hotel. The atmosphere is absolutely wonderful. Thank you Stoney Creek for a wonderfully relaxed week.

Room Tip: Every room is a great experience.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Tammy S, Thank you for taking the time to share with others your relaxing stay at our property. We are very proud of our facility and even more proud of our people. It’s wonderful when a valued guest takes the time to confirm that our goal of making every guest expectation exceeded is, in fact, achieved. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at stoney creek for 6 nights while setting up one of my new clients in the Sioux City area. While I was fully prepared to have a typical business trip week, I can honestly say that I felt at home here. Everything about the place is comfortable as can be, the staff is warm and personable and go out of their way to take care of you.

Not only would I, I WILL be staying here in the future as I will be visiting the area on a regular basis now, Stoney Creek Inn will be my home away from home :)

Location was not bad, nice to be so close to the highway and tyson center; the train could be annoying at times but after a few hours I forgot trains came through there - they are really not all THAT loud.

Of course there's always something, for me that something is the wireless access. As someone who makes his living online and connected, I found it to be a bit slow during peak times.

Room Tip: Try to pick a streetside room, also if you have a 4G tethering on your phone or MIFI device, use tha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City? Share your experiences!