“Great hotel, was needed in this City”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Sioux City
“Great hotel, was needed in this City”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great hotel, close to the action of the Tyson Events Center and downtown. Great staff. I like it that they have Police Officers there on the weekends. Makes it safe. Decent breakfast. Next to Famous Daves and perkins and burger king are very close.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get one of the larger rooms with the hot tub, worth the money!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and daughters while visiting my son in college to watch his football game. The hotel is amazing outdoor theme is carried through the entire hotel but not over dun. Check in was quick and efficient. (took like 2 minutes) staff at the desk was friendly and helpful.. The rooms are really well maintained and extremely clean. Beads were comfortable and everything in the room was new and up-to-date. The breakfast was great with biscuits and gravy. Waffles you can cook yourself. Great selection of cereals, pastries, coffee and juices. Not only that but the breakfast area was very large with an outdoor (porch) sitting area so you did not feel like you were being crowded. The pool and hot tub were well maintained and my daughters really enjoyed them. While we were leaving my wife asked about any discounts for Morningside college activities and not only did the front desk person let us know about the discounts but also their frequent travelers program.. We will definitely be staying here for all of our stays in Sioux City over the next couple of year.. Thanks again you have a great hotel and great people running it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bragg Creek, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I found this property on the internet as I continued our trip West to Alberta from New York State. What a find. I was a bit concerned as the property was located in the downtown core of Sioux City, but upon arrival that was soon displaced.The reviews certainly do the hotel justice. It is a larger facility, with a beautiful front entry and wonderful staff to greet you. The rooms had their own ambience, unique to the hotel. The breakfast provided was very good with lots of selection. I would highly recommend the location, enjoyed the downtown core and its restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lee S
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Loved the hotel overall UNTIL I checked out with my family (including a baby). Paid in full prior to check in with Expedia - waited 5 minutes to be greeted by the front desk member after I announced I'd like to check in when no one was in line in front of us. Good stay and okay breakfast then checked out at front desk - she told me there wouldn't be a receipt since we paid online. Okay great - after leaving I checked my account balance and they had charged me $100 for "incidentals" that would eventually drop off since we didn't have any incidental charges. I have never been charged anymore than $1 for a pending incidental charge. Called the hotel - they stated that's what they do and it's up to my bank when it would drop off my account - nowhere on the site or expedias site did it say ANYTHING about some massive deposit or incidental holding of MY money. To say the least, I'm really ticked and they were of no help. Expedia even said they were shocked at the amount pending. Bottom line: never again!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Kkenn00
Primghar, Iowa
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here on business during the week. Reservation was correct, room was as expected. The decor of the hotel is quite wilderness, which I enjoyed, but another person in my group traveling from a large city really didn't like it.

The room was clean, amenities were good.
Some things I liked were: shampoo and other vanity items were of good quality, the shower head was tall enough, there was a fridge and microwave in the room, there were plenty of pillows, and quality fitted sheets on the bed.
Some of the things that were weird for me: There was no bathtub in this room, the vanity area was right in the room with the bed area which is odd if you are staying with other people, the lighting in the vanity area was poor for applying make up.

The complimentary breakfast was great, hot and cold items provided in a very large room with plenty of seating and tables.
The location is good, while no restaurant on site, Famous Daves sits in the adjacent parking lot.
I did not use the bar or pool area.
I do plan to return here next month for personal reasons and will bring friends with us. It is a good value, good location for the Sioux City area.

Room Tip: If you want or need a bathtub in your room you will need to request that.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Albert Lea, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2012

this hotel has a 'north woods " resort feel. It was fun, nicely decorated and very clean! I always want clean rooms and bathrooms and this passes the test. We couldn't enjoy the outside due to weather but it looked cute and fun as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Clive, Iowa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice decor inside and out; specially patio sitting area...Room was comfortable, roomy, and clean. Staff at front desk as well as cleaning staff were very attentive and friendly. Having a bar on premise was a plus. It is within walking distance to Soiux City Conference Center, good restaurants, multiplex movie. Easy access to I-29. Price is great value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business