“Very Nice”

Holiday Inn Sioux City
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I must say I was surprised when I arrived, I was expecting an older tired hotel but I must say this hotel is updated and very comfortable. I was greeted and recognized as an IHG member, my room was quiet and comfortable. They bar was friendly they bartender was awesome I don't remember her name but she grew up in Hawaii. She made my dinner and stay enjoyable. I will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Sioux City

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed at Holliday Inn for. Night getaway with family. The staff (Terri) was so pleasant to deal with.
I did not encounter one personnel that did not have a smile on there face. Accommodations were above average. Pool was so enjoyable would definitely visits again. Thank you for a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Top floor quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cindy_girl1975
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very nice, clean, spacious rooms. We checked in, and planned to do some bar hopping for a bacherlorette party for the rest of the night. We had sober rides to drop us off in the bar district, and we figured we'd just call a taxi at the end of the night to get back to the hotel, but it ended up being impossible to get one because all the bars close at the same time!! So I called the kind folks at the hotel to see if there was a possibility that the complimentary airport shuttle could serve a slightly different purpose for this evening and pick us up at a bar at 2am. They were happy to oblige and arrived in 5 minutes at no charge, but we did leave a tip for the driver as that was not something he had to do but we so very much appreciated it! The breakfast buffet looked amazing but we were still "recovering" the next morning if you know what I mean. I'm sure it would have been incredible if our stomachs weren't so queezy from the night before! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the lot where you can park your car if you feel the need to keep an eye...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The facility was very nice. I made use of the hot tub and sauna.

The location was very convenient to downtown. It's right off the freeway. There are restaurants close by. Charlie's is right in the hotel along with a bar. The hotel offered two drink coupons for the bar for each night I stayed along with a reusable discount coupon for Charlie's.The hotel is located between the IHOP and Chili's. There's a coffee shop next to the Chili's. The arena is within walking distance along with a Walgreen's, Burger King,and Post Office.There is a large movie theater just a few blocks away.

The room was clean and pleasant. I heard water in the pipes on occassion, but overall it was a quiet room. I was on the first floor on the front side.

The hotel offers a washer and dryer on the first floor that appeared to be free.

There was no free breakfast, but Charlie's serves breakfast, IHOP is next door, and Burger King is nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stay in IHG properties almost exclusively. In this hotel we stayed in a whirlpool suite on the 6th floor. The problem with a room that has a whirlpool in the 'living room' is that they then shrink the bathroom, off of the bedroom, down to the size of a small closet. It was very difficult to turn around in the bathroom. The toilet paper was mounted over your left shoulder. The rest of the room layout is awkward as well. There too was dust so thick on the TV/TV stand/bedside table that you could write your name in it. Very disappointing for this hotel chain. The restaurant breakfast buffet was nice and included hot and cold selections for a decent price. Price of room was OK for what we got in return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martha L
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The king bed took up almost the whole room. Bathroom was so small that there was no tub....one would not have fit. Very tight with no room for suitcases. Amenities were fine, pool and bar were fine, attached restaurant was fine, but not worth the price of the hotel. Been on the road for the past 2 weeks and this was disappointing. Bid through Priceline and still didn't feel value was there. Sad for Sioux City.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reno60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Reno60,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a concert. By the looks of the outside of the building I thought it would be dated inside, but to my surprise it was very nice and updated throughout. We had a king room, small but nice. I guess how much room do you need in a hotel room for one night, it was nice and clean and the decor was updated in warm colors. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux City? Share your experiences!