“Great Riverfront View and Bev's Restaurant”

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Great Riverfront View and Bev's Restaurant”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great location right off of I-29 in Sioux City. As a Hilton Diamond VIP Member this property always exceeds my expectations. The front desk staff are great and the restaurant attached to the hotel called Bev's is awesome. Great food, bar and an unmatched view of the Missouri River! I highly recommend this hotel in Sioux City.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stephen W, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for the positive review for our property. Our management team will make sure to pass the word along to our staff of their helpfulness to you while staying here. Exceeding the expectations of our customers is what we strive to do. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and look forward to serving you in the future.

Have a great day!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Guthrie Center, Iowa
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel offers hot breakfast which is wonderful and worth the extra cost. The party room & catering was a tad expensive, but so nice to not have to worry about the work. The restaurant nearby was amazing!! Wonderful time!!

Room Tip: Be specific and keep asking!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your response to our hotel. We are glad that you had fun at our facility while celebrating what is no doubt a milestone in ones life. We take the comments of our customers to heart and we are so glad that you could enjoy this moment in your life without all the hassle of preparing the food and cleaning up afterwards. It was our pleasure to provide this service for you.

Thanks and take care.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 24, 2014

It's a Hilton, which brings certain expectations. In many ways the facility is just fine, and we will return here again. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the building was quiet. The WiFi worked well, but the AC was a bit noisy. The pool area was a mix - nice sauna and hot tub, but the pool was cold. There is a small wading school for little children, but that too was rather cool. The building layout is somewhat sprawling, but manageable.

If there is a disappointment its that it is a Hilton, but doesn't seem quite up to what I would expect a Hilton to be. Really, its a lot like a Courtyard, or even a good Best Western or Comfort Inn. Not at all bad (we like those), but not what we expect from a Hilton. On the other hand, its not priced like I'd expect a Hilton, so overall its a good value - just don't expect the absolute top end accommodations.

One other note - you can book a room with a river view (we did not), but that may or may not be worth the money. The river is not particularly picturesque at this spot, but there do appear to be outdoor balconies, at least on the 2nd and 3rd floors, so that might be worth the price.

Overall a good stay, worth the price. We recommend the Hilton; just remember what you are paying, and adjust your expectations a bit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback.

The satisfaction of our guests has highest priority. We express regret for the temperature of the pool during your stay. We want to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the air-conditioning.

We make an effort to offer our guests an excellent service at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are glad to know that you were overall pleased with your stay and look forward to having you back with us in the near future.
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am just finishing up a 3-day conference being held at the Hilton Garden Inn and have appreciated everything related to our time here. I am from the area and will say that the HGI is one of Sioux City's Top 3 places to stay. First of all, it has an excellent location just off I-29 and very close to the Iowa/South Dakota border. Across the river is Nebraska. The bulk of our conference has been held in a large room with a fantastic river view.
Part of our conference has involved a full breakfast and lunch buffet. Each time we've eaten, the employees have kept the food area clean and replenished. We've noted employees everywhere. They have been by the tables to clear plates and utensils within moments of people finishing food. Not only have I noted them stopping by frequently, they do not seem to mind being there. That's a true plus.
There are several restroom options and each time I've used them, they've been spotless.
I took a break in the front desk lobby and found the clerk there to be extremely friendly even though she was required to multi-task at the time. While I was there, she was the only desk person. Several groups were checking in and other people there were wanting to purchase drinks from the large snack area. She handled it very well. I only wish I'd taken the time to note her name so I could include it here.
My only negative comment would relate to the grounds, at least for this particular experience. The flower beds could use a good weeding as thistles and other weeds are plentiful detracting from the beauty of the setting. This isn't a huge deal. It's just something I noted.
I would recommend The HGI if you are planning any sort of event. I believe you will be well taken care of. We sure have been.
If you have a choice for a room, you are going to want one facing the Missouri River and perhaps a room on an upper floor to maximize your view. You will not be disappointed. Rooms on the other side will get you a view of a parking lot, Interstate 29, and a man-made pond.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Missouri River. You will be able to catch the sunrise and sunset, and boate...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank IowaLakeGirl78
Jonni Jean E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I am happy to see that the conference you were here with was successful, and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, and such a great one at that. We truly appreciate it. Thanks again, and see you next time.
Kansas City Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We've stayed at he Garden Inn in south Sioux Falls, and were quite happy, but they were full. So, downtown got our business. Our next trip will probably find us saying in this more modern hotel. It's closer to our relatives, and good food.

Room Tip: Ask for a "river view" room. It's a better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review! I am happy that you enjoyed yourselves while staying at our property, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Take care!
ALBANY
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel seemed geared toward business travelers, conference attendees and social gatherings. The rooms were clean and comfortable except the air conditioner shut itself off during the night and it got hot and uncomfortable. There is plenty of free parking and complimentary coffee in the reception area in the morning. Front desk staff are excellent, but if you want a nice meal, drive to Minerva's - a great restaurant in town - skip Bev's on the River where we were ignored, received no service, and eventually left.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jonni Jean E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for such a great review of our HGI. We are happy to see that things went well for you while staying with us. I do apologize however, for the issues with our restaurant. I will forward your review onto the proper individuals for them to review. Bev's has exceptional food, and rarely do we hear of service issues. I feel badly that you were unable to experience what they have to offer. Next time you are in town let me know and I will provide dinner for you and your spouse. Thanks again for taking the time to review our facility, and we hope to see you again soon!
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The first room we were sent to was not vacuumed, we lugged our luggage back down stairs and got another room. We were compensated with free breakfast for 2 in the hotel lobby. When we got up to our next room the keys did not work and I went back downstairs to get the keys rekeyed. After traveling all day I was tired! I would have given this hotel 5 stars if the first room was cleaned properly and the keys worked. I have no issue paying $10 for breakfast if when I arrive, tired and worn out the checkin is smooth.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I do apolgize for the cleanliness issues, along with the malfunctioning of your keys. We will address these things in our next meeting. I thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention, and want to Thank you for still giving us a good review. We will work to make those things better so that the next time you stay with us you won't run into these problems again. Thanks again, and take care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#12 of 19 in Sioux City
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront? Share your experiences!