“Nice for one night.”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
ALBANY
“Nice for one night.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel seemed geared toward business travelers, conference attendees and social gatherings. The rooms were clean and comfortable except the air conditioner shut itself off during the night and it got hot and uncomfortable. There is plenty of free parking and complimentary coffee in the reception area in the morning. Front desk staff are excellent, but if you want a nice meal, drive to Minerva's - a great restaurant in town - skip Bev's on the River where we were ignored, received no service, and eventually left.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jonni Jean E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for such a great review of our HGI. We are happy to see that things went well for you while staying with us. I do apologize however, for the issues with our restaurant. I will forward your review onto the proper individuals for them to review. Bev's has exceptional food, and rarely do we hear of service issues. I feel badly that you were unable to experience what they have to offer. Next time you are in town let me know and I will provide dinner for you and your spouse. Thanks again for taking the time to review our facility, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The first room we were sent to was not vacuumed, we lugged our luggage back down stairs and got another room. We were compensated with free breakfast for 2 in the hotel lobby. When we got up to our next room the keys did not work and I went back downstairs to get the keys rekeyed. After traveling all day I was tired! I would have given this hotel 5 stars if the first room was cleaned properly and the keys worked. I have no issue paying $10 for breakfast if when I arrive, tired and worn out the checkin is smooth.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I do apolgize for the cleanliness issues, along with the malfunctioning of your keys. We will address these things in our next meeting. I thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention, and want to Thank you for still giving us a good review. We will work to make those things better so that the next time you stay with us you won't run into these problems again. Thanks again, and take care.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is in a great location in Sioux City, right on the river and easy access to the interstate. I would imagine this is one of the nicest hotels in Sioux City. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the bar/restaurant was great! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Sioux City.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review!! We take pride in our Missouri River views and are happy that you were able to enjoy them while staying with us. Thanks again & see you again soon!
Sioux City, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn for one night and really enjoyed the experience. The accommodations were exceptional. The room furnishings, bed, and shower, were all of a higher quality given the price of this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review!! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us while in Sioux City, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again, and take care!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Had a 2 night stay booked river view King which was supplied. 1st time in my many years of travel I was asked to sign a form stating I would not make noise or run in the hallways. If I find I would be evicted. My wife and myself found this amusing but perhaps indicates they do have a problem with younger guests. Pleased to advise we had no issues bed was comfortable and room facilities all operational. Had an early start so booked wake up call which arrived on time. Free self park. Restaurant on site but did not utilise. Only complaint was my Sat Nav did not recognise the address so we had a longer drive than necessary. Not an issue.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sorry about the navigation issues to the hotel. We have notified multiple entities, with no luck to make the changes necessary so that our guests do not get lost. I believe it currently takes everyone to the casino boat at this time. Some of our guests acutally enjoy that! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay once you arrived, and thank you for providing such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Take care.
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I were very happy with our stay here. The rooms are large, clean and the beds are very comfortable. The restaurant serves very good food so we didn't even have to leave the hotel to eat!

1 Thank kcooli
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon, and wish you happy travels!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was the best hotel we stayed in while driving across the country. It was affordable, beautiful, we had a view of the river from our window and the restaurant on the property was surprisingly delicious. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in this price range while traveling for work and this hotel was better quality than most. We arrived worn out from a long day of driving and were greeted by a great selection of micro brews in the lobby. it was also so convenient to walk next door to grab a bite to eat instead of having to get back in the car. Overall, we had a great experience and would stay again on the unlikely chance that we pass through Iowa again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jonni Jean E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us while passing through town. Hopefully we get to see you again! Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux City
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront? Share your experiences!