“Surprising quality in SUX...”

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a really nice HGI. I'm typically not a fan of them, but was surprised that this one existed in Sioux City, IA.

I arrived very late at night, and the hotel staff was really helpful. The rooms were clean,and pretty modern (which is always nice w/ newer hotels).

Breakfast was my parting shot, and the service was very high. My server was super attentive, and always made sure I had a full cup of coffee. Their omelets were pretty awesome too.

I would stay here again, on my next business trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HGISiouxCityIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

wcunneenjr,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the HGI Sioux City. We appreciate you staying with us during your visit to Iowa.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and the service at our hotel. We look forward to a visit from you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We meet here regularly for our area meetings. The rooms are nice, clean and roomy. The front desk staff is amazing! The shower head is tall with good pressure. I love the Neutragena toiletries. It comes fully equipped with fridge, microwave, etc. The coffee in the room pots sucks however. I know this is small, but the Best Western chain has really good coffee flavors and regular in their rooms. My only other annoyance with this hotel is the fact that their bathroom doors are on closing hinges but I just stick a wash cloth on the floor to hold it open. The meeting rooms are spacious although we had quite a bit of difficulty with the overhead screen system. Plus I would like some sort of continental breakfast, but they do offer a reasonable breakfast bar.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

kbqhills,

Thank you for the great review of the HGI Sioux City. We are so pleased you enjoy your stay with us while in Sioux City on business.

We are glad you enjoy the your overall experience, and I have made notes regarding your suggestions. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This HGI is a newer hotel. It is right on the river and has a very nice restaurant. If you like seafood, it's quite a bargain. The hotel prices were very reasonable, a lot less than comparable properties in Sioux Falls and Des Moines.

10 seconds off the Freeway and a nice location between Sioux Falls and Omaha.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini-suite facing the river.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Raj D,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the HGI Sioux City. We look forward to being your home-away-from-home again in the future!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My significant other and I have stayed at the hotel at least once every year since it was built, we get one of the two bedroom suites in the hotel that overlooks the river. The staff is always professional and helpful, and the room is a great value, considering the other hotels that are in the area! This is by far the nicest place to stay in the tri-state. It now feels like home every year. The food at Bevs on the river has always been great, try the ceaser salad.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Robcameronolywa

Robcameronolywa,

Wow! What a great review! Thank you!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel year-after-year! We love our presidential suite and are so glad that you enjoy it while visiting Sioux City as well!

We look forward to seeing you during your next stop in Sioux City!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family was returning from a Christmas in Arkansas and opted to stay here before attempting the roads in South Dakota. The customer service was wonderful and very accommodating. If we needed it we had it. Though the pool doesn't have much for the little ones, it does have a decent pool, and a wading pool. The only downfall to the swimming area was some other woman who said she was from "across the river and just brought the kids to swim". Her children (she had 6 there to swim) had used up and removed all the pool towels, however, on notification the front desk not only filled the shelves, but apologized. The food at "Bev's" is to die for. Rib eye is soft and tender and amazing, chicken fried steak to die for, and the kids loved their burger. The room was spacious and accommodating (we upgraded from a standard) with a french door separating the bedroom which had two queen beds from the living area which also had a pull out small couch.... the only downfall was the french door as it gave little privacy. My only qualm with this location was the breakfast. For an extra 8.95 you can have breakfast right there in the hotel, and considering the quality the night before with Bev's we anticipated a wonderful breakfast. The server was very polite however, when my husband inquired on the biscuits and gravy she was very proud to say, "Oh yes, the cook made a new batch of gravy today". This was a definite warning sign. My son and I both ordered bacon, as did my husband, however, on receipt of the bacon there was a definite difference between my son's and mine, and my husband's. Mine and my son's was nearly impossible to eat... very crunchy and dry. My husband's was typical real bacon, glistening and flexible. On inquiry the waitress admitted that "sometimes the cook warms the bacon from yesterday." For a family travelling across country, this was definitely not acceptable. The hotel, however, comped the breakfast and apologized, and the waitress was so wonderful that we still gave her a tip. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Amazing food from their room service!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

ypperin1,

Thank you for your review of the HGI Sioux City. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visiting to Iowa.

We thank you for the rave review of Bev's on the River and also for the suggestions about our breakfast. We cook everything fresh the morning of, as to provide an exceptional experience for all guests. I apologize that you found your experience to be otherwise.

We hope you will stay with us again if ever in Sioux City. Thank you!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I am from this area but had a girls weekend with 10 women so we made a decision to rent rooms in our hometown. We made a GREAT decision with Hilton Garden Inn. We wanted two suites so I wanted to make sure they would accommodate us comfortably. To do this I went down a week ahead of time and asked to see the rooms. The front desk agent gave me a key to the room to check it out and asked if it would meet our needs - very nice! Then upon arrival the girls at the front desk knew I wanted to put surprises in the room before the other girls got there so they let me in a little early to do this. Some of the staff were still decorating for Christmas and we had nice conversations about the area, etc while i waited for the rest of my party. One of our rooms decided to do some late night gambling at the river boat and we discovered they offered a free cab service to and from - even in the middle of the night! The rooms were nice, clean and had everything we needed. Overall an EXCELLENT and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The hotel was booked but very quiet. We were on the first floor near the pool for easy access. Roo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Jaminoe,

Thank you for the great review of the HGI Sioux City.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is an outstanding hotel in Sioux City, IA. Would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers. You will not be disappointed. The staff is super nice, the rooms are spectacular, and the location is excellent - right off of I-29!! Steven made my one night stay extremely pleasant, and I will definately return to this location in the future!

Room Tip: Try to get a 3rd floor riverview room, if possible. Otherwise you look at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
HGISiouxCityIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear RayceCar,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property! We appreciate you staying with us and can't wait to see you again soon!