“Great room amazing room service”

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Castor, Alberta, Canada
“Great room amazing room service”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family was returning from a Christmas in Arkansas and opted to stay here before attempting the roads in South Dakota. The customer service was wonderful and very accommodating. If we needed it we had it. Though the pool doesn't have much for the little ones, it does have a decent pool, and a wading pool. The only downfall to the swimming area was some other woman who said she was from "across the river and just brought the kids to swim". Her children (she had 6 there to swim) had used up and removed all the pool towels, however, on notification the front desk not only filled the shelves, but apologized. The food at "Bev's" is to die for. Rib eye is soft and tender and amazing, chicken fried steak to die for, and the kids loved their burger. The room was spacious and accommodating (we upgraded from a standard) with a french door separating the bedroom which had two queen beds from the living area which also had a pull out small couch.... the only downfall was the french door as it gave little privacy. My only qualm with this location was the breakfast. For an extra 8.95 you can have breakfast right there in the hotel, and considering the quality the night before with Bev's we anticipated a wonderful breakfast. The server was very polite however, when my husband inquired on the biscuits and gravy she was very proud to say, "Oh yes, the cook made a new batch of gravy today". This was a definite warning sign. My son and I both ordered bacon, as did my husband, however, on receipt of the bacon there was a definite difference between my son's and mine, and my husband's. Mine and my son's was nearly impossible to eat... very crunchy and dry. My husband's was typical real bacon, glistening and flexible. On inquiry the waitress admitted that "sometimes the cook warms the bacon from yesterday." For a family travelling across country, this was definitely not acceptable. The hotel, however, comped the breakfast and apologized, and the waitress was so wonderful that we still gave her a tip. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Amazing food from their room service!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HGISiouxCityIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
ypperin1,

Thank you for your review of the HGI Sioux City. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visiting to Iowa.

We thank you for the rave review of Bev's on the River and also for the suggestions about our breakfast. We cook everything fresh the morning of, as to provide an exceptional experience for all guests. I apologize that you found your experience to be otherwise.

We hope you will stay with us again if ever in Sioux City. Thank you!

Amanda Snoozy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Iowa
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I am from this area but had a girls weekend with 10 women so we made a decision to rent rooms in our hometown. We made a GREAT decision with Hilton Garden Inn. We wanted two suites so I wanted to make sure they would accommodate us comfortably. To do this I went down a week ahead of time and asked to see the rooms. The front desk agent gave me a key to the room to check it out and asked if it would meet our needs - very nice! Then upon arrival the girls at the front desk knew I wanted to put surprises in the room before the other girls got there so they let me in a little early to do this. Some of the staff were still decorating for Christmas and we had nice conversations about the area, etc while i waited for the rest of my party. One of our rooms decided to do some late night gambling at the river boat and we discovered they offered a free cab service to and from - even in the middle of the night! The rooms were nice, clean and had everything we needed. Overall an EXCELLENT and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The hotel was booked but very quiet. We were on the first floor near the pool for easy access. Roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jaminoe,

Thank you for the great review of the HGI Sioux City.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Warm Regards,

Jefferson, South Dakota
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is an outstanding hotel in Sioux City, IA. Would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers. You will not be disappointed. The staff is super nice, the rooms are spectacular, and the location is excellent - right off of I-29!! Steven made my one night stay extremely pleasant, and I will definately return to this location in the future!

Room Tip: Try to get a 3rd floor riverview room, if possible. Otherwise you look at the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HGISiouxCityIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear RayceCar,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property! We appreciate you staying with us and can't wait to see you again soon!

Regards,

Nebraska
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here and ate at Bev's Restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Bev's is really nice, open and airy with vaulted ceilings and full wall glass that gives a nice view of the river. The hotel is consistent with Hilton's layouts and standards for Garden Inn hotel, staff is midwest-friendly and helpful; parking is spacious and the location is great with access to I-29; Hwy 77 and downtown Sioux City

Room Tip: Ask for a river view; Missouri River is fast flowing with boat and barge traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jaybird123,

Thank you for the great review of the our hotel! We were so pleased to have you as our guest!

We hope that you will stay with us again in Sioux City. We appreciate you and your kind words!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night driving through to Mt. Rushmore. The hotel was wonderful and the rooms were clean and decorated nicely. The continental breakfast was standard. The only negative is the hotel staff could have been friendlier and more accommodating, but it wasn't bad enough to ruin our stay! We had a very good time and would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Susan631,

Thank you for writing a great review for the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Mt. Rushmore!

We hope to be your home-away-from-home in the future! Thank you again!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I have been a traveler for work for almost 5 years now and this is one of my favorite hotels I've ever stayed in. Big city, little city it does not matter. Over the years I have come to Sioux City dozens of times and have never bothered with other hotels here. Hotel staff is great.

Breakfast staff is awesome as well.

Bevs is the restaurant attached to this HGI property and is great. I'll go months with out being here and the bartenders always remember me. The views from Bevs are even better.

Great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear dcbone27,

Wow! Thank you for recognizing Bev's on the River, Hilton Garden Inn, and our staffs as some of the best you have ever encountered! We are so pleased to hear that you consistently enjoy your experiences with us!

Thank you for being a dedicated and loyal guest! We appreciate you and we are thrilled to be your home-away-from-home in Sioux City!

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Keep this in context - Thanksgiving weekend. Morning breakfast needed about 2 more people. Not sure how they're corporate model is suppose to work since I just started using this chain exclusively, but at this location, you have to sit down and a wait staff takes an order. Clearly overwhelmed. Long wait for service. An "overwhelmed" attitude. Food was good. Elsewhere, asked for pack n play. Said they would provide. Got a vintage crib with loose sheets. They need to keep up with safety research. Got the riverview room. Not worth the upgrade as the river view is not exceptional. WiFi is terribly slow. (For this reason alone I will consider another hotel next time in town.) Come on Hilton. I expect much more. Otherwise, courteous staff and typical amenities for the chain. Hope this review helps others decide.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Engigeek,

Thank you so much for your feedback and we're glad our staff provided excellent customer service. We apologize for the breakfast and amenities issues you experienced during your stay. We look for reviews such as these to provide a better guest experience. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux City
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 5 in South Sioux City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront? Share your experiences!