“I'd go back.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

First night of a 12 day roadtrip. Turned out to be one of the better meals. I enjoyed to pork osso buco. My wife's stuffed pork chops were very bland and less than adequate in quality. Service was excellent. Seated at the window with a river view. Evening was enjoyable overall.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I visit Sioux City regularly or business, about 6 times a year, so I try lots of restaurants. While the venue is beautiful, overlooking the Missouri River and Nebraska, and the dining room nicely appointed, that is all I can say is very good. The food is average and typically the service is horrible. We took a client there and our food came out at different times, and when they finally, after everyone else at the table had finished eating, brought out the client's food, it was overcooked and cold. Just completely unacceptable. When they brought out dessert, the same person was left out and the waiter had the audacity to claim that the person never ordered anything. Just horrible. If it was a one time thing, that would be bad enough but it is clear that this is a consistent thing. We went to lunch and ate at the bar. The place wasn't busy so we thought we should be able to get in and out quickly. We told the waiter that we needed to be in and out in under an hour. Shouldn't ever be a problem. 90 minutes later, all we ate was a salad and some mediocre crab cakes. Additionally, their wine list is about $10 per bottle more expensive than far better restaurants like Kahill's (South Sioux City, NE, a two minute drive away) and Eldon's (Sioux City, IA, about 6 minutes away).

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The stuffed pork chops were fantastic. Crab cakes good too. I strongly recommend this place. Great atmosphere with fair prices and solid service. They were very accommodating with our requests to sit next to the window to view the scenery and our waitress was friendly. I might consider driving up from Omaha again specifically to eat here.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm from Denver, and in Denver we know steak, after all, we raise the countries finest cows all around Denver.

Imagine my surprise when I came to stay at the HGI (next door to Bev's) and read the reviews posted in the elevator for "voted Iowa's best steak". Yep, I took up the challenge and wasn't disappointed. Chefs in the kitchen have that special touch and I have to agree with what I learned in the elevator. For sure, this is Iowa's best steak!!! In fact, gives a few places in Texas something to strive for.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Last minute business dinner without a reservation.7 people. We were seated promptly and quickly met by waitress for a drink order. Calamari was average however the Artichoke dip was fantastic - I thought it should have toasted Pita bread or chip/crackers with it instead of Italian bread. Two of us had prime rib and it was fantastic - cooked exactly the way we wanted it. Had to search for the waitress to get our check.