“Excellent Hotel,Excellent Staff,Excellent Rooms”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sioux Center
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed May 17th to May 20th for the Tulip Festival in Orange City Iowa. Staff was very nice and helpful. Check-in was a breeze. Very clean rooms. A great FREE breakfast. Best coffee. I would recommend to anyone and I will stay there next May

Room Tip: We where on the second floor with a king bed was very nice. I think all rooms would be just as nice...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Very clean hotel. Especially for a discount place. The rooms are a little cramped, especially with 2 guys in a double room for a week. But still manageable.
Pretty good breakfast. You get a discount to the little bar next door if you show them your room key.
The only real oddity is how crazy the front desk staff is about muddy boots. I know they want to keep it clean, but it nearly borders on crazy.
Still, a good place to spend a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This Econo Lodge is well above any one I have stayed at in the past. The staff has been great. The breakfast is fairly good. The room is a bit small but very clean. Parking lot is smallish and where i park my truck is super muddy. The staff is a bit funny about muddy boots. They were handing out bags at the front door asking us to remove boots. Not happy about this as they do not have a place to sit out front. This is the only bad thing I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Rude rude check in service.... damp smelling room. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
RandyMpls, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

I apologize that our hotel and staff didn't meet your expectations! Please feel free to contact me at 712-722-4000 if you would like to discuss your comments or concerns! We hope that you would return again but before you do I would like to know the situation at check in and the room number of the unpleasant odor so I can address and fix these particular issues you experienced! I appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor so I am aware of how you feel and how your stay was with us! Again, I apologize for your negative experience! I would like to make it right with you! Please call! Randy Keith, General Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2009

We have stayed at this EconoLodge several times and continue to be pleased with the cleanliness and value. The only complaint this time was that the breakfast selection seemed to have decreased. It was very basic. Also, we had asked for a short extended checkout and were denied saying that they were just "too busy". The parking lot sure didn't seem that full to us! The location is very good, right along the highway and within walking distance to a good restaurant. All in all, you will probably not be disappointed if you stay here. Very neat and clean!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 8, 2006

This was more like a comfort inn. Free high speed wireless internet, modern furniture, nice size tvs, coffee maker in the room, and safe area. All for a whopping $55/night. I can do that. They are also extremly friendly and have won all sorts of customer service awards. I was hesitant at first when I found out all there was in the area was an Econo Lodge, but I now have a place to stay anytime I am back in that area on business again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank skull04

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!