“Best Hotel for 40 miles around!!! If in the area a must Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sioux Center
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center over Memorial Weekend (May 2008).

It is a wonderful hotel and a great value. I am used to staying at 4 star type hotels and I was more then pleased with this hotel. I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and was very pleased by the amenities for the price.

Upon check-in I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful person. As I was bringing multiple suitcases to my room the front desk clerk offer to help me (I struggled on my own but I appreciated the offer). The room was very large. The room had a brand new very large HDTV in the room. The King bed was also very comfortable and reminded me of the beds you find at Marriott or Westin hotels.The Bathroom was also very spacious.

In the morning I enjoyed the free breakfast with delicious cinnamon rolls, scrabbled eggs, bacon, and cereal.

Upon check-out a different front desk person was also very friendly.

The hotel also had a pool that looked very nice but I did not use. If you are in the Siouxland area I would recommend this hotel. I know I enjoyed it!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ustravelagent
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center

Reviewed November 27, 2007

My husband and I, along with my In-laws stayed at this property on the way home from Deadwood, SD. It is a little out of the way if you are heading to KC, but I received a really good price and the hotel is fairly new, so we thought it was worth the extra drive. The hotel is located on the outskirts of town.

As soon as we got out of the vehicle, we noticed a terrible smell. I am guessing it was maneur or some type of fertilizer in the field adjacent to the property. I sure would hate to live there. I grew up on a farm and even found it very offensive. We checked-in around 7:00 p.m. The girl working at the desk didn't seem to care too much about her job and was not too friendly. She was in the back so we had to ring the bell. She put us in a room on the second floor even though I requested a room on the first close to an exit. After she had made our keys, I asked if we could be on the bottom floor close to the exit since we had so many bags. She took care of it. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The entire hotel is non-smoking, so we loved that. It still smelled really new.

There are several places in town to eat, including standard fast-food places like McDonald's and Hardees. There was also a place called Pizza Ranch next to the movie theatre that had a dinner buffet. You get a 10% discount with your room key. The buffet seemed a little expensive and we weren't really that hungry, so we just settled for McDonald's. There's a new Wal-Mart Supercenter in this town in case you forget anything.

I thought the bed was pretty comfortable, but my husband said he felt like he was rolling out of the bed the entire time. There are flat screen televisions in the rooms and the bathrooms are nice with the standard amenities--shampoo, conditioner along with a make-up remover and shoe shine pad. The shower head was the round, brushed aluminum, rain shower type and the shower curtain was rounded. The comforters on the beds were white with fresh white sheets. They also give you the different pillow types on each bed, four for each. There was a coffee pot and they also offer free breakfast, but we left before the breakfast was available, so I can't comment on that. Check-out was very easy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable, clean place to stay in Sioux Center.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2007

This is a new hotel so everything was nice and clean, the staff is excellent, higher end caliber!! Curved shower rod one of my favorite hotel features and a nice breakfast. Really fluffy towels, all of them not just one here or there.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Le Mars
Amber Inn Motel Le Mars
Amber Inn Motel Le Mars
#3 of 4 in Le Mars

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center? Share your experiences!