WINNER WONDERLAND

Tall Corn Inn
Tall Corn Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Shenandoah B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Value and character, stay here if in town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I pulled into the Tall Corn with a friend just to check the prices and as soon as I entered the reception knew this was where I was going to stay the night. The manager was extremely friendly and helpful and offered us a full range of rooms. We opted for two of the movie themed rooms and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean, spacious and well kept and the touches of Hollywood 'art' made for a unique road trip experience. The motel is situated on the edge of town opposite wide, scenic corn fields and is very quiet, even with an on site nightclub. I enjoyed staying here so much I was tempted to stay an extra night. Definitely the place to stay when in Shenandoah.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank plush74

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rosebud, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are into movies, music and and looking for something a bit different and fun.
The lady who greeted us at reception was lovely, and we could tell we were going to enjoy our stay.
Not only were the rooms very reasonably priced, they were very clean, and quiet. I think the place had been recently renovated.
I stayed in the Dolly Parton room, while my friend chose the Elizabeth Taylor room. There are several other "celebrity" themed rooms, John Wayne ,Elvis, Marilyn Monroe....
My room was very pretty, cosy and comfy with a portrait of Dolly over looking it. All the portraits are also in the reception area and if you are a connoisseur of unintentional "bad art" you will love them. No disrespect meant here. They added to the charm of the place, and were fun.
One of the best parts was the wallpaper in my friend's room ( Elizabeth Taylor room ) - absolutely wonderful "old movie star" design. This room was rather plush and glamorous, and very spacious.
We loved our stay and would do it again if ever we revisited this area. I hope they add some more celebrity rooms and other features and really do well. A nice change from the "same old same old" chain motels, with good value and lovely people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank catwic57
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room was clean and staff was friendly. Good value for money.
I was told that the original owner or manager was back and the previous owner wasn't very good. I think this might explain some of the bad reviews from the past.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matt N
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Loved the old hotel feeling and decor.....food was outstanding...the folks working the place were so friendly and accommodating. if you want a great place to stay, TALL CORN IS IT. Fall is a fun time, when the hunters are in town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Riffey
Allison, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

They have been working on upgrades I think at least the curtians were different but each time i stay there th price has gone up $20 each visit. The last time I stayed here the floor had not been vacuumed and the new shower, i will just say if I was 4'8" i might be able to get my head under the head of the shower. I checked in around 9pm had to ring the service bell then wait in the chilly wind the middle of Dec. to check in and get my room key. I was very unhappy and i wont be going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Shenandoah hotels

VAN HORNE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

needing a room for a few days while in the area we found this property. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. The folks running this hotel were very helpful, made sure we had everything we needed and the price was great. We will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Over40andoutforfun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Express Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Clarinda
Celebrity Inn
Celebrity Inn
#2 of 4 in Clarinda

Been to Tall Corn Inn? Share your experiences!