“A wonderful Choice - Clean, New and Comfortable”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shenandoah Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shenandoah
Clinton, Missouri
“A wonderful Choice - Clean, New and Comfortable”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

What a great find in Shenandoah. In the older downtown section, this place looks like a 5 star hotel in New York City. The rooms are large and contemporary. The bathrooms are wonderful. The breakfast was great. Hotel staff were very friendly. They have plenty of parking. You can stay at a chain and do fine, but this place is a breath of fresh air for a smaller town. Take a break from the chains and stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: We were on the street side and could hear some traffic. Might consider that when asking for a room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Centennial, CO
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my second trip to Shenandoah and I was not going to stay again at the dump on the highway. I was excited to find this hotel when I did my research. The staff was friendly, check-in was efficient, the room was clean, had a microwave and refrigerator, the beds were comfortable. We had a room with 2 queens on the back side of the building. The sink and vanity were outside the room with the tub and toilet which is nice as I can shower while the wife does her thing. Parking was behind the building and was a very short walk to our first floor room - much more convenient than hauling your stuff into the big chain hotels.

I only saw a choice of toast or bagels for breakfast. We wanted something a bit more substantial so we went down the road to McDonalds. I admit I am spoiled by the hot breakfasts at Holiday Inn Express.

The wireless internet worked fine. I prefer a wired connection for my laptop and did not see a jack.

Overall, nothing to complain about here. My expectations for a small town hotel were exceeded. We will definetely stay here again if we are in Shenandoah.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Only a few years old. Clean room with the basic amenities needed by any traveler. Decent continental breakfast. Two good restaurants and a theater with a block's walk. Realistically the ONLY place to stay in Shenandoah.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Blue Ridge, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Quiet, clean hotel in a small town. Good biz hotel if you are working in the area. The breakfast is not worth mentioning. Went across the street for some real food. The folks at the desk are pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The town and the Inn were both great. I had never gone to Denver by this route before but I highly suggest you take some back roads and you'll find places like the Shenandoah Inn. The beds were sooo...comfortable and the room had some nice extras like a microwave and refrigerator. The town had cute shops and the western style restaurant was so fun and good. Friendly staff and reasonable prices.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our second time to stay two nights at Shen's newest motel. The front desk staff are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are nice and very clean. The coffee is good and the breakfast space and lobby are inviting. The breakfast did not provide waffles, fruit, yogurt, and cereal. I brought my own cereal but couldn't use it since they didn't have any milk. (I thought they had these items except waffles two years ago. Also, we liked the nicer soaps and lotions provided on our first visit.) They had very good "homemade" banana bread. The cleaning person did not put the bedspread back on the bed after our first night and the bed was poorly made so I fixed and completed it myself. The king beds are in the front by the main street. Noisy motorcycles and pickup trucks woke us late at night. Perhaps we'll pay the extra $10 for two queens in the back the next time. The vehicles were too noisy to leave the window open so we had to run the noisy A/C, plus we still had the outside noise.

Room Tip: Spend $10 more for two queen beds on the backside where it should be quieter. It might be worth the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were in town for a family funeral and needed more space than the relatives could provide. Shenandoah Inn was very accommodating & we will definitely be going back ! Good local diner across the street & walking to small town shopping :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Super 8 Shenandoah
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Red Oak

Been to Shenandoah Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!