“We were impressed with the new owners and their improvements.”
Review of Iron horse Inn

Iron horse Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sheldon
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We have stayed in the Iron Horse Inn for many years (before the Super 8 was even there). We have experienced both good stays and not so good and it all hinged on the owners. This year we knew immediately there was new owners since our last stay, the front entrance doors were clean and inviting, carpets were replaced or cleaned, rooms had been repainted -- everything was clean, the owners were professional. It was a very affordable motel and it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank DandJ1940
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Very nice & clean and reasonable price.
I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank antonthio
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Don't Stay.. The motel is very dirty and the service is lousy. I stayed here
to be close to a restaurant and found out after I checked in the restaurant
had been closed for some time.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2005

I am comparing this motel to other rural Iowa motels, and that is why I give it 4 stars. I actually expected this motel to be somewhat run-down, but in fact, my room was very clean, very quiet, and cool on a very hot day. At 2am in the morning, a horrible storm moved in and I thought perhaps it was a tornado. The building and windows withstood the 70mph wind gusts that were reported on the following day's newscasts. It's next to a lovely restaurant, and across the street from a little ice-cream shack that also serves a great deal of food. The movie theater & downtown is 2 blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Amazellen

Been to Iron horse Inn? Share your experiences!